Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Picked up a receiver adapter from Harbour freight just in case I want to move the trailer around, $14 minus 20 %. Also have the hitch hook.

IMG 3344

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Funny you mention backup cameras. Have one on our Mule FXT. Works awesome for hooking up trailers. It also has IR illuminators on it which is super handy when out predator hunting at night. I never even need to turn on the backup lights as I can just look at the screen and see what is behind me (even stumps and such). total cost is under $50

Reactions: Montecresto and JTW
J

JTW

Funny you mention backup cameras. Have one on our Mule FXT. Works awesome for hooking up trailers. It also has IR illuminators on it which is super handy when out predator hunting at night. I never even need to turn on the backup lights as I can just look at the screen and see what is behind me (even stumps and such). total cost is under $50
That's a fantastic idea!! :)

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's a fantastic idea!! :)
Yeah...
till you roll &
all that stuff....
rear view mirror
camera....
Mess your face up
....helmet with face shield
required. ....
haha

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I ended up buying the camera and the screen off Amazon (Amazon.com: 7 inch TFT LCD Digital Car Rear View Monitor with Waterproof Car Rear View Camera combo: Cell Phones & Accessories)
The little box was just some scrap steel I wended together one evening to make sure the camera had a little protection. I did make a mount for the screen. Basically a shape like this -[ the two side part bolted to the screen holder and the single straight bar went up to a bar clamp that bolts on the top roll bar. Been on there for about 2 years and never moved an inch. I use the Mule hunting and work it a lot and everything is holding up great (The screen got wet several times while washing the machine and it never seemed to matter)
As for a roll over - man I have to do something really wrong to flip this machine It has a really lower center of gravity and is 66" wide with my tire combo. I go across hills that make ATV riders cringe! LOL

Reactions: Montecresto and JTW
advertisement
J

JTW

I ended up buying the camera and the screen off Amazon (Amazon.com: 7 inch TFT LCD Digital Car Rear View Monitor with Waterproof Car Rear View Camera combo: Cell Phones & Accessories)
The little box was just some scrap steel I wended together one evening to make sure the camera had a little protection. I did make a mount for the screen. Basically a shape like this -[ the two side part bolted to the screen holder and the single straight bar went up to a bar clamp that bolts on the top roll bar. Been on there for about 2 years and never moved an inch. I use the Mule hunting and work it a lot and everything is holding up great (The screen got wet several times while washing the machine and it never seemed to matter)
As for a roll over - man I have to do something really wrong to flip this machine It has a really lower center of gravity and is 66" wide with my tire combo. I go across hills that make ATV riders cringe! LOL
What do you have now?

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I ended up selling my Pioneer - I liked it but just found I always use our Mule FXT-Pro. I live way out and it is really handy as a runabout vehicle as well as a work machine. We have 2 kids and it is nice that I can fit 6 people in it if needed (Kids always have friends over) or flip the seats forward and have a huge bed. Today I was hauling 2x4's, 4x4's and 6' ladder, stuff I just couldn't do with my Pioneer. We mostly ride on logging type roads so the width is not really an issue for me. When I bought the Pioneer we were riding at Hatfield/McCoy but the trails near me closed so that sort of killed my "need" for the pioneer.

J

JTW

I ended up selling my Pioneer - I liked it but just found I always use our Mule FXT-Pro. I live way out and it is really handy as a runabout vehicle as well as a work machine. We have 2 kids and it is nice that I can fit 6 people in it if needed (Kids always have friends over) or flip the seats forward and have a huge bed. Today I was hauling 2x4's, 4x4's and 6' ladder, stuff I just couldn't do with my Pioneer. We mostly ride on logging type roads so the width is not really an issue for me. When I bought the Pioneer we were riding at Hatfield/McCoy but the trails near me closed so that sort of killed my "need" for the pioneer.
I understand.. I sold mine and bought a 1000. Is Hatfield and McCoy width restricted?

D

Deleted member 3748

But you're still with us because we're such a nice, knowledgeable group. :rolleyes:

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
But you're still with us because we're such a nice, knowledgeable group. :rolleyes:
Exactly!
Hatfield really is not. The "old" trails at Ivy branch were also setup for rock crawlers and 4x4 trucks so anything would have fit. (Really a shame they closed that trail as it was a fun trail and gave the 4x4 truck guys somewhere to play) Most of the other Green and Blue trails are fine with about any SxS. Some of the black trails are really tight but then again they are supposed to be "extreme" so that makes sense.
The 1000 is a nice machine! Good combo of trail and utility, Honda did a good job on that one!

J

JTW

Exactly!
Hatfield really is not. The "old" trails at Ivy branch were also setup for rock crawlers and 4x4 trucks so anything would have fit. (Really a shame they closed that trail as it was a fun trail and gave the 4x4 truck guys somewhere to play) Most of the other Green and Blue trails are fine with about any SxS. Some of the black trails are really tight but then again they are supposed to be "extreme" so that makes sense.
The 1000 is a nice machine! Good combo of trail and utility, Honda did a good job on that one!
Thanks for the heads up.. dad and an older group of friends are wanting to make a trip there.
Yeah, I hope it will be. I found how unimportant the size of the machine was for me..

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Your welcome - good trail system. Do make sure your stuff is locked up overnight around the hotels and towns. Now and then we hear of people "borrowing" the overnight guests machines....

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Your welcome - good trail system. Do make sure your stuff is locked up overnight around the hotels and towns. Now and then we hear of people "borrowing" the overnight guests machines....
Always!

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
Dude...I pulled camp trlr around
my place.....3,000 lbs. In low
not a problem. ..that's on the
original hitch
Like you JTW, I've pulled my little 4x8 m/c trailer around the place picking up limbs and logs, well over 1200# load, with no problem. Admitting my ignorance, I never gave a thought to any 100# tongue limit. But with your experience, I'm not going to worry about it. I don't think I can pile enough logs on the trailer to exceed 3000#.

P

Pineywoods

Dec 3, 2015
Hattiesburg, MS
Ownership

1. 500
I just installed the Moose 2" receiver, bought from Dennis Kirk. It was ridiculously easy to install and took me about 10 minutes. This unit is well built and at $80, why wouldn't anyone install it on any P5 because of the of 2" hitches and available accessories. My real question is why doesn't Honda install this type of receiver as standard equipment?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!