Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Where those Windrock pics at @Bad_bowtie ?? o_O

I hate to say it but I didn't get any. We rode pretty much non stop for about 7 hours. Usually my co-pilot takes tons of pics, but she had to work yesterday.

I will say this, I just thought the P1000 was capable before. After adding the Arms and 30s, I'm thoroughly impressed. I followed 2 new X2 Wolverines, 1 of which is the new X-TR package. Places where they would struggle, I had no trouble whatsoever.

Last edited:
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
After doing the front arched A arms, I just had to do the rears as well. What a pain in the ass! The fronts went on so easy, but nothing lined up or fit in the rear. Had to use a hammer, pry bar and grinder to get them on, but they are on. Also decided to put the steering stops in, just be safe.

20191207 160402

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After doing the front arched A arms, I just had to do the rears as well. What a pain in the ass! The fronts went on so easy, but nothing lined up or fit in the rear. Had to use a hammer, pry bar and grinder to get them on, but they are on. Also decided to put the steering stops in, just be safe.

View attachment 169303
What part did you have to grind? Did you adjust the T parts at all? They say they are suppose to come pre adjusted for camber now so was not sure if maybe that part was out of wack.

Mine are tight where the outer hub goes into the ends of the A arms.

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
What part did you have to grind? Did you adjust the T parts at all? They say they are suppose to come pre adjusted for camber now so was not sure if maybe that part was out of wack.

Mine are tight where the outer hub goes into the ends of the A arms.

One of the shock mounts had a blob of metal in it big enough that the shock would not fit deep enough to get the bolt through, and one side on the lower A arm, where the hub mounts to the arm. It just would not fit. The hub was wider than the opening in the a arm. Most all the frame side mounting points needed some bending or hammering.

I PM'd super ATV about it, and they said the fronts are usually the easiest but sometimes the rears are a "bear" to install tolerance wise. Just my luck I would get that bear. :D

Reactions: JTW and TripleB
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the shock mounts had a blob of metal in it big enough that the shock would not fit deep enough to get the bolt through, and one side on the lower A arm, where the hub mounts to the arm. It just would not fit. The hub was wider than the opening in the a arm. Most all the frame side mounting points needed some bending or hammering.

I PM'd super ATV about it, and they said the fronts are usually the easiest but sometimes the rears are a "bear" to install tolerance wise. Just my luck I would get that bear. :D
I had to enlarge one of the lower shock mount holes in mine.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I ordered the flush mount marine door to go under the driver side seat for easy storage access. While at Rural King today I picked up a couple of these ammo cans to use under there. With this and the door storage I've completely eliminated the huge toolbox I was carrying in the back and freed up both rear seats. Thanks to all yall and especially @joeymt33 for the ideas.

Marine door
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017NA9RSU?tag=sxsweb24-20

Ammo cans
https://www.rkguns.com/gettysburg-field-ammo-box-od-green-acgrn.html

20200101 161514
20200101 161744

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My door should be here tomorrow. Did you put it on the side or front of the seat?

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
My door should be here tomorrow. Did you put it on the side or front of the seat?

I haven't received mine yet, should be here tommorow also. Just being a little pro active with the boxes. I pulled the seat to put them in. It will going into the front.

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I haven't received mine yet, should be here tommorow also. Just being a little pro active with the boxes. I pulled the seat to put them in. It will going into the front.

Gotcha, I was planning on putting in the front as well. I doubt I'll get to mine for another couple weeks so let me know how it goes when you get it mounted up!

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got my trailer re decked and got the Erickson wheel chocks on as well a a few extra D rings.
View attachment 167654 View attachment 167655 View attachment 167656
The new deck looks great on the trailer. Can I make two suggestions from my experience. One, but heavier duty d-rings on, I had those on my trailer and when someone decide to lock up the breaks in front of me when a deer crossed the road, it ripped all 4 d-rings I had like that right out of the floor, it wasn’t pretty. The sxs would have been into the back of my truck had it not been for the electric trailer jack that saved my truck. Since then put heavier duty D-rings in. 2nd, I discovered a great way to preserve trailer decks from rot and to waterproof them better than Thompson water seal which just washes away, is used motor oil believe it or not. Yes it darkens the wood but there’s no better “oil” based wood protector the waste oil. It’s free, soaks right in, and helps keep the trailer deck from rotting. Reapply ever 2-3yrs or as needed. I use it on my 18ft utility trailer and my utility trailers I used behind the tractor, haven’t had to replace a board since. It just a thought, hate to see you have to replace good boards. Other than that, keep the thread going, your doing a great job and love the machine, it looks great.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!