BOX1

P500 Be Honest....Would you rather have a 700 or 500?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger why do you choose to run the same size on all corners? Is the ability to rotate an issue if you don't run on pavement?

Even though I have the ability to rotate now, it wasn't a factor for me at all, I'll probably never rotate them. I honestly did it for the look more than anything. It does provide for a softer ride now and chews like hell on a climb. :cool:

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Even though I have the ability to rotate now, it wasn't a factor for me at all, I'll probably never rotate them. I honestly did it for the look more than anything. It does provide for a softer ride now and chews like hell on a climb. :cool:
Was going to post he did it to add to the BA look, but he beat me to it. Might do the same on the next set as mostly do slow muddy/hilly woods riding.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger point me to some pics of your setup with same setup on all corners please

Here's a few, 26-11 BH 2.0's.

Gladwin 7 6 19 7 6 19 At Takeover

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Interesting read here. I never really considered the P700 because of the size, but as I started to realize you could get PS, more travel and softer ride with the 700, I can see how it would entice.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Overheard at Takeover 2022:

"Pioneer 700: the Honda Civic of side by sides".

Not a slam, believe me. I think it was meant as a compliment as much as anything; a reference to its' dependability.

For my purposes, I enjoy being well under 60" and the 5 gears of my Critter. But the ride quality . . .

P

paddykern

Jul 27, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
New member here looking for a SxS for 10 acres of woods.
Finally found a local dealer that had a 700/4 that was sold but at least I could see one in person.
They had a 520 in the showroom that I was immediately drawn to.
Much smaller and looks like it will fit my wooded area much better.
Positive that it was available.
I put a deposit on the 520 and will decide on purchase the next few days.
Plan to use to drive around the property and harvest some wood. Maybe add a plow.
I am more into driving slow and steady rather than fast.
Looks like you can't go wrong with either the 700 or 500.
Guess if I but it I should look into upgrading the wheels/tires first.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from west central fl. Depending on number of people joining you and their age. Both will sever you well. My p5 with a winch on the front works great for string fence. The p5 size will get you in and out of tight spaces that other sxs cannot, also the p500/520 is extremely dependable and fun to cruise around in for 2 people. My wife and I are not small people and we have no problem with cabin space. I personally love the ridding position sitting upright gives you a commanding view which is a joy in the woods. Welcome aboard. What color is it? Pictures or it didn't happen.👍

P

paddykern

Jul 27, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'm in SE lower Michigan.
No pictures yet.
Still deciding but 95% sure I will get the 520 in red (only one in stock).
I don't need to carry more than two people.
Like the smaller footprint to make it easier to snake through the trees.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
This is an arial shot of my property. When this photo was taken in 2018, we were just in the progress of building at this point. You can see the truck in the picture for scale. These are large, old trees.

I got the p520 because it would get through the dense forest land we have. I also like the idea of going on the smaller ATV trails and 60" is way to wide for most of them
IMG 0408

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If those are my only choice I would go 500. 700 is too weak for what it is by design. The 500 fits a niche of small side by sides on the 50" trails that would get around better in the hills than a 700.

P

paddykern

Jul 27, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Decided after research here to pick up the 520.
Should be delivered sometime next week.
Smaller footprint won out plus it was in stock and available right away.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@CumminsPusher mentioned running out of power, and I had the same experience several times. @Montecresto recently sold his 700 for the same reason. Like him, I lived at high elevations where the 700 can struggle with really tough climbs.

Yes, the 700 rides much better...though it's still stiff due to a 1000lbs payload BUT, lessons learned with the 500 would help me if I went with the 700 again. And with a load, they ride ok anyway.

I've done a few things to the 500 now, and im much happier with it. It certainly has its moments...and things going for it. I have fun in it, and will continue to do so until the opportunity to go back to a larger machine presents itself.
That said, starting fresh with a brand new machine, between the 2 of them, I can't see ever taking the 500 over the 700 (esp the 2 seaters close price) again. If you're going with the 500, it's best to keep it on the tiny little trails it's made for. That's where it thrives.
Just to prove I was being honest...since I posted the above, I did go trade the 500 in on a 700.

As I stated back then, I enjoyed the little 500, and would probably like the 520 even more so...but I'd still buy the 700 over either unless I had trail restrictions...though if I'm being honest, I might buy a Yamaha over either at this point.

PS: Look who I tagged in that? @LeftistsAssHat

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!