Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Never had beadlocks before, but decided to try them out. How often are yall checking the locking ring bolts? Also, did a shop install the wheels for you or did you do it?

Ive debated about getting a shop to remove my old tires and then ill install the tires on the beadlocks.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Beadlocks are time consuming to mount correctly...but its is pretty simple. All you need is some soapy water..wd-40 , and a torque wrench. As far as checking them when i mounted mine i never retorqued them until i changed tires. Probably should check them every 6 months or so. Or if they start leaking.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never had beadlocks before, but decided to try them out. How often are yall checking the locking ring bolts? Also, did a shop install the wheels for you or did you do it?

Ive debated about getting a shop to remove my old tires and then ill install the tires on the beadlocks.

I was very very thorough when I torqued them down to make sure it was even and equal within torque specs.

I installed them myself, make sure you give yourself some time to torque the beads down it’s not a quick process if it’s done right.

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee

I bought a set of double beadlocks and love them. On that same note when I go to put a new set of tires on I'll take them to the co-op. Torque wrench is not usually in my vocabulary but tight is. If u don't want them to leak torque wrench is the key. These guys r right

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds like ill get the tire shop to remove my old rims and then install the beadlocks myself. Ive been wanting new wheels. Decided on beadlocks and come to find out later that they actually involve me doing work haha. Normally i do my research before i get something, failed this time.

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!