Best gps unit

N

nzeb

Dec 28, 2021
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the best gps to use for Wisconsin trails. I was thinking on something with a 5" screen and mount to the dash. Looking for input.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have an iPad with the GAIA GPS app. It's able to save all my tracks, unlike a GPS that quickly fills up, needs to be uploaded to my computer and then they're no longer available on the GPS - it's impossible to see where I rode a year ago. I'm paying $29 a year but it has free access too, I'm not sure if I have to pay for track storage, I figured that part out after I signed up. If track storage is free, what matters to me, then I'm out $29 a year because that's the only feature I care about.

Avenza and OnX are two similar apps.

Screen shots from my iPad, all these tracks are still there for easy viewing -

1500 miles of smiles over 3 weeks -
I bLPBMRn XL

700 miles over 8 days not counting trailer mileage -
I B8z52wX X2

Hold my beer rides - :oops:
I whJQkWX XL

The next two show the importance of long term track storage. I have a lot to ride here and need to know where I haven't ridden. Click on the pic to enlarge and see the topo details.
I RqZ7k5t XL

I 6DkTmpq XL

Last edited:
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
What is the best gps to use for Wisconsin trails. I was thinking on something with a 5" screen and mount to the dash. Looking for input.
I have used a 7” Garmin Drive 65 with VV Maps. The screen was too small, so I now use a 10” Samsung Tab A with VV Maps running on the OruxMap app. The tablet is in a Ram mount attached overhead to the ROPS cage.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have never even owned an iPhone because I can't see the screen but my grandson, who is an avid off-roader, has software in his iPhone that shows all the many trails in WV.

It's probably the same program that CID above mentioned. It's much better than any Garmin GPS I've ever seen.

Reactions: Remington and CID
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Search Search Search!!!
This topic has been beat to death as bad as Stock tire sizes 😂 Eat your hart out. 🥳
P500 - GPS tracking what y’all using

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayger143

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!