Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I had to look alot to find a minder that did not start at 8" h20 or higher. Found one at NAPA on line that 1st number was 3. Running the Talon with fresh Twin Air it barley moved the minder, maybe what would be 1" h20 if it had more numbers. I hope the filter works as good as Wigglysqiggly says. If it doesn't I will take it off and put a 250R Twin Air on it.

Reactions: Smitty335
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Got the Roto Pax mounted.
KIMG0356

KIMG0357

KIMG0358

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
3 weeks ago now I got to go on a dusty ride. I rode tail and tried to avoid all the dust I could. Here is what came out of my cyclone prefilter.
F1

Not much bit we only rode about 38 miles. Bad part is my filter minder was showing 8 in/O. This is where I decide I would clean the filter as on my test rides with everything brand new it pulled 1 in/O. So I take the filter out to clean it and it still as green looking as it came out of the package. So I now have to rethink my filter minder. But good part is the cyclone prefilter keep the main air cleaner clean. @CumminsPusher

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Took Godzilla to H&M last weekend, it performed flawless. Only complaint was the turning which I knew going in. Had to K turn some of the switch backs. Other than that, mud busters kept me clean and it rain buckets the 1st day we was there. Drove my Maverick last night just a bit and want nothing to do with a rubber band ever again.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Yes so far could not be happier. But I want to get the filter minder figured out, so I do not have to remove the air box lid and take filter out just to check it.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Bought a Ace's mini seat for my son. Did not like how it worked just using it as a seat insert. So into my Dad's shop then he and I built a seat base that fits into the the factory seat base so I can change back and forth from stock to my son's mini seat. My son is not crazy about riding in the Talon, he would rather ride his quad. But he does not like me taking the Talon out riding without him, so he tells me he will ride all day, but might take a nap. He usually falls asleep in 5min when we go back roading. We also modded the oh s*** handle to where it comes out longer so he can reach it. Plus with the mini seat mounted, H&M police can not call it a booster seat.

KIMG0441

KIMG0442

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Also got a set of Tusk Mega bites 30x10x15, had the 28x10x14 Terrabites on my Maverick and worked well except in real wet conditions. Have them on the Talon right now. So thought I would try the Megabite. Have STI HDI 50mm off set rims coming today. Have 5 of each so I have a matching spare. Have RB3 wheel spacers coming to get the rear back out to width. Started on the removable spare tire mount yesterday, back to real job today so on hold till monday.

View attachment 322178

Did not grab a picture yet, but to power my tablet and little blue tooth speakers my dad made 2 billet accessory plug for their chargers. This way they will be hidden and keep the cab cleaner.
What where your thoughts on the Mega Bites?
I like the way they look and was thinking of putting them on my Talon.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I had Terrabites on my 14 Maverick and at 1st on my Talon. I really like the Terrabites except for real soupy citations. Ran them 3 years with no flats and they wore good. So when I bought tires for the Talon I wanted something a little more aggressive for the soupy places. I have been to H&M, Wellsville Ohio, the old Rumble on the Ridge riding area, couple local places, and back roading with the Megabites. I really like them so far and will buy them again when this set wears out. I have around 1000 miles on them between back roads to muddy trails and they are working well. I have had to be on black top more than I want and they seem to be wearing really well. They are the same carcass/rubber compound as the Terrabite.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Bought a Ace's mini seat for my son. Did not like how it worked just using it as a seat insert. So into my Dad's shop then he and I built a seat base that fits into the the factory seat base so I can change back and forth from stock to my son's mini seat. My son is not crazy about riding in the Talon, he would rather ride his quad. But he does not like me taking the Talon out riding without him, so he tells me he will ride all day, but might take a nap. He usually falls asleep in 5min when we go back roading. We also modded the oh s*** handle to where it comes out longer so he can reach it. Plus with the mini seat mounted, H&M police can not call it a booster seat.

View attachment 338098
View attachment 338099
How'd you attach the seat to the base? Could you take a few pics of the underside? I'd like to do something similar to my kids Aces seat.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
How'd you attach the seat to the base? Could you take a few pics of the underside? I'd like to do something similar to my kids Aces seat.
There was places in the seat base to bolt too. I will try and get you some pitures with the seat out of the machine in the next few days.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ye I felt the same. Just touched up the one spot that isn't green in the picutre and going to run it another 500 mikes and check it again. No dirt what so ever in the intake tracks for the FI, so the filter is doing its job.
I don’t think I’d bother checking it again in just 500.

prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wow nice to see a new one again. I know it hurts but you will want to upgrade the cage before you put too many its on it. New cage will not be 2". The stock cage is very soft and will give way under the smallest drama. If you find your self doing G outs go up to 30" tires. That will let you hit the rubber on the shocks. You will not on the 28's. It beats up the bottom of the car. And stay away from ST. I heard it got sold but still no good things. Or Weller racing they do not really know Honda,s. Double E is the best for shocks. Good Luck nice looking rig.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Couple new parts are hear, and another on the UPS truck. lol
2Fab front drive shaft.
IMG 0142

RB3 X 1.5to1 Rack. Going to make the R steer better.
IMG 0140

And a SATV power steering system on the UPS truck. Appreciate getting the 0.0% discount to SATV. lol Will post a pic of the power steering when it shows up. Hoping to put it all together Saturday.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Well this upgrade turned in to a headache!
Took alot longer than expected. Murphy's law was in full effect.

Once all back together checking for CV bind I found out there was/would not be any. With 6-1 offset wheels they hit the stops on the a arm before the CV can bind up. Gained about 3/16" of turn both left and right setting it with 1/8" toe in. Was afraid there would be no improvement in turning radius. Measuring it the turning radius gained was right just over a foot. Would this be enough to notice?

This past Sat July 1st, I was able to take it to a place I regular ride 3 or 4 times a year. There are 3 turns that in the past had no choice but to use reverse to make them. Gained enough turning radius that I did not have to use reverse to make any of the 3 turns. So I achieved what I set out to do.

Power steering. The Super ATV is great. Even in 4wd over ride, you can turn the wheel with 1 finger. I have one of the Talons that stock turned easier to the right than left for what ever reason.

RB3 1.5x rack. This rack makes it nice ripping through the woods not having to turn the wheel as far and makes the Talon feel more precise. But combined with the Super ATV power steering, the Talon is a handful at higher speeds on back roads and asphalt. You just have to think you want to steer and it steers alot. Would be very easy to over compensate and then start sawing the steering wheel back and forth and loose it.

Overall very happy with these upgrades. My drive shaft caps had not started spinning yet, but the 2 fab drive shaft gives me piece of mind that I won't break down on the trail due to loosing the front drive shaft.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!