Bigshow's Talon R build.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was in sport mode and had a love affair with the down shift paddle. lol I tried manual and seemed every time I wanted to up shift my hands was not in the right place. I will have to learn better hand positions. Really want a gear shift on the floor/tunnel to shift it like a trophy truck. It is just pressure switches on the paddles I am sure, someday I might try to make one. Probably could use a set of points to make it happen.

20200415 184734

All you need is two trans brake buttons from Jegs and two trans brake button brackets from Motion Race Works and you can do this.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Slow poke, your buttons is what made me think I could make it with a gear shift.

2nd ride today, Talon cab just enough bigger to make it way more comfortable than my OG Mav. In my Mav I had to wear knee pads to keep them from getting beat up. I am 6'3" 300# and the Mav is a little cramped, Talon has just enough more room I do not need the knee pads. Talon is gets better every time I take it out.

Figured out I was not in sport mode very much last ride. Realized today that sport mode shuts off every time you shut ignition off. Sport mode keeps it close to where I would like the RPMs. In my Mav you have to physically shut sport mode off, no owners manual so figured Talon same way oops. Found a PDF manual on line and have the service manual now.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sport mode makes a HUGE difference in the way the transmission acts vs normal auto mode.

Reactions: Bigshow
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Well now that it is cold in Ohio and our summer projects over, started on rear bumper and tailgate. Tailgate won't swing open like some. Here are some pictures of the bumper. The TG will bolt to the bumper like the HMF.
Unnamed
KIMG0310
PART 1642032037928 KIMG0312

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
looking good thus far, i see you had a cluster relocation on the list
i am the guy that can help out with that here the link to my post if your still interested
thanks
keep up the mud work

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I am still interested in relocating the gauge cluster. I have read your thread and keeping you in mind. I am wanting one with a pig tail so I do not have to splice the harness. I do not believe you have the pig tail. Also thinking of welding one up out of aluminium if I can find the correct plugs to make a pig tail.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I am still interested in relocating the gauge cluster. I have read your thread and keeping you in mind. I am wanting one with a pig tail so I do not have to splice the harness. I do not believe you have the pig tail. Also thinking of welding one up out of aluminium if I can find the correct plugs to make a pig tail.
Glad to hear you have been looking as for the harness i do not make i just supply the needed instructions and wire to lengthen the 2 ground wires, keep me post if your interested ill be here

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Tail gate finished and mounted. Waiting to get the wheels tires I want to run to make spare tire carrier. Have the Roto pax mount welded up, still have to finish more of it. Will get pictures of it soon.
PART 1644928027010 KIMG0319
KIMG0320

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Ordered a gauge pod from sspeederr and per tracking it is coming today. Got a pig tail extension and have it ran and tested the gauge pod. So soon as the pod shows up I am ready to put it in. Here a picture of my aluminium dash fill plate with the ball for my tablet mount.
KIMG0326

Also redoing the top part of my Superatv front bumper to my vision. I tried a 12" light bar and it didn't cut it versus the 20" on my Maverick. So the bumper needed changed. Added a coup;e braces to make the bumper stronger also. It is all tacked together and was just bolted on to check fitment.

PART 1646307635716 KIMG0328

KIMG0328

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Also got a set of Tusk Mega bites 30x10x15, had the 28x10x14 Terrabites on my Maverick and worked well except in real wet conditions. Have them on the Talon right now. So thought I would try the Megabite. Have STI HDI 50mm off set rims coming today. Have 5 of each so I have a matching spare. Have RB3 wheel spacers coming to get the rear back out to width. Started on the removable spare tire mount yesterday, back to real job today so on hold till monday.

KIMG0324

Did not grab a picture yet, but to power my tablet and little blue tooth speakers my dad made 2 billet accessory plug for their chargers. This way they will be hidden and keep the cab cleaner.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Got my sspeederr pod mounted and cluster installed last night after work.
KIMG0336

KIMG0337

Here are the billet accessory plugs.
KIMG0333

KIMG0332

And the start of the removable spare tire mount. It will hook over the 2 tail gate bars and the top of bumper then get bolts around the bumper to hold it in place.
KIMG0334

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
And the STI HD9 50mm wheels showed up yesterday also. Didn't take a picture yet, will get one when mount the tires. Waiting on the RB3 wheel spacers yet any how.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Well I thought I would be finished up tomorrow, but called into work for a 12hr shift. That turned into 6 12hr shifts, so wont be finished to the end of next week.

Few more item added. Air filter minder, 20" light bar, snorkel and prefilter, and mud buster flares.

KIMG0350

PART 1648266196282 KIMG0346

KIMG0348

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Well I got up early and put the oils in the Talon and took it out back roading for 90min today before work. Nice to be behind the wheel of it again after a long winter of making it mine. Forgot the picture of the double shear brackets. Talon is finished except for spare tire carrier and need to get a picture of the Pax mount.

KIMG0354

PART 1648341509448 KIMG0352

KIMG0352

PART 1648341481778 KIMG0354

IngoTheBarbarian

IngoTheBarbarian

Sep 25, 2021
US
I'm curious about how well your intake setup will work out with regards to filter life. I also wonder how dirty the stock filter can get before a filter minder tells you to change it. I have a suspicion that a lot of people change out stock filters while they're still breathing just fine.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!