Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got my 7" fan in yesterday. Gotta figure out how I want to mount it and will see how it works.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
WHITEP1K5

WHITEP1K5

Apr 7, 2017
WEST VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought I posted these in this thread, but it was a different one lmao. I installed my 7" without drilling holes just made a couple brackets.

IMG 0280 IMG 0281 IMG 0282

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mine was better pulling. I think it has to do with the way the air comes in because of the shroud. Down the road I'll get another cheapie to bolt just it's shroud on as well

WHITEP1K5

WHITEP1K5

Apr 7, 2017
WEST VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you find yours does a better job set up for push than pull?
Mine seemed to pull better than push, I took the fan blade off and flipped it over to make it push better than pull I also wanted the fan motor and guard side against the seat where there would be less of a chance of the fan motor to get wet

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How did yours turn out? I'm looking to add this to mine this week. Also how did you route your wires?

ran them along the factor air intake. works pretty well. haven't had a long trail ride to try it out. but just riding around with the kids i can turn it on and the heat goes away

CMH

CMH

May 17, 2017
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got mine installed over the weekend. I went with the 7" fan, a variable speed control and a master switch. No pics, but it works sweet! If you turn it down to about half power it is significantly less noisy.

CMH

CMH

May 17, 2017
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did yours turn out? I'm looking to add this to mine this week. Also how did you route your wires?
Ran mine in a 3/8" plastic wire loom right next to the big factory bundle - under the floor and up into the dash. Also routed wires to a backup light along roof and down ROPS post to tie into loom, and then ran all four wires up to hood/in front of dash area.

nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are most people putting vents in? I put a 7" fan in but no vents and I think it's just recirculating hot air. I feel like vents are the (fairly) obvious solution I overlooked originally...

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are most people putting vents in? I put a 7" fan in but no vents and I think it's just recirculating hot air. I feel like vents are the (fairly) obvious solution I overlooked originally...
I used 2 4" fans, no vents. I just pointed them towards the back and angled the one under the driver at about a 45 toward the passenger side. It made a huge difference. The only time I feel heat is when going fast the air can still draw out a tiny bit around the seat belts. Where is yours mounted?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used 2 4" fans, no vents. I just pointed them towards the back and angled the one under the driver at about a 45 toward the passenger side. It made a huge difference. The only time I feel heat is when going fast the air can still draw out a tiny bit around the seat belts. Where is yours mounted?

Under the seat closer to passenger side blowing straight back. Ordered a 4" vent tonight, will try that next week. I think it should help for hotter days

IMG 4644

Reactions: Kolton
M

misterkit

Jun 30, 2016
ny
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone have these setup so that the fan can reverse direction on a switch? I'm thinking a rocker switch for heat at one position or cool at the other. That way during cold weather you get the heat or during warm weather you can push it away.

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Under the seat closer to passenger side blowing straight back. Ordered a 4" vent tonight, will try that next week. I think it should help for hotter days

View attachment 54613
I would think that would do it. I'm sure you have but gong to say it anyway
... have you checked rotation on the fan?

nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would think that would do it. I'm sure you have but gong to say it anyway
... have you checked rotation on the fan?

Yes, that was my first thought too.

Curiousity got the better of me so I drilled 4 1" holes (largest hole bit I had) in a cluster for a vent. Rode for a while today and it definitely made a difference. I have a 4" vent on order so I'll see what that does - may have to expand it to 6" but we'll see

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, that was my first thought too.

Curiousity got the better of me so I drilled 4 1" holes (largest hole bit I had) in a cluster for a vent. Rode for a while today and it definitely made a difference. I have a 4" vent on order so I'll see what that does - may have to expand it to 6" but we'll see
I'm back and forth on cutting vent holes. Amazon has some nice looking vent covers to make it look good

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!