Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I installed a 3" bilge fan & made
the mounting bracket reversible
so I didn't have to complicate the
wiring. I haven't found the need
to reverse it.

John

Anyone have these setup so that the fan can reverse direction on a switch? I'm thinking a rocker switch for heat at one position or cool at the other. That way during cold weather you get the heat or during warm weather you can push it away.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and JTW
Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Works great moves A LOT of air in fact I suggest a variable control. Uses less amps and is quiet also should take abuse very well. I can say 8 inch is the perfect size. We don't even have the heat shield installed and the set up makes a drastic difference helps on the backseat as well
View attachment 43844 View attachment 43843

After testing it seemed to pull better then push so I mounted backwards pushing straight down the tunnel out across the motor and exhaust

I might have missed it, but where did you get this fan from?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: Rincon
Muleyhunter

Muleyhunter

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2018
Lake Kiowa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Works great moves A LOT of air in fact I suggest a variable control. Uses less amps and is quiet also should take abuse very well. I can say 8 inch is the perfect size. We don't even have the heat shield installed and the set up makes a drastic difference helps on the backseat as well
View attachment 43844 View attachment 43843

After testing it seemed to pull better then push so I mounted backwards pushing straight down the tunnel out across the motor and exhaust
Do you have any details on the variable control you used with this?

JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need a little help. Installed a 7" fan this week and in the process of wiring it. What size fuse do I need to use when wiring this?

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need a little help. Installed a 7" fan this week and in the process of wiring it. What size fuse do I need to use when wiring this?
It all depends on the amp draw rating of the fan. That number will dictate wire size and protection you should use. There should be a label somewhere on the fan that states the amp draw.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do you have any details on the variable control you used with this?
Sorry for the late response I’m not seeming to get all messages.
I used this. Works great easy hook up
CFB0484E 1439 4017 B591 B4EC1815FD89

JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Helpppp. Had the heat recall completed. Installed a 7" fan, still hot. Cut three 2" holes and installed black plastic shower drains in the lower front seat panel to get more air moving, front seat is finally cool.
Now here is my problem. The rear seat is boiling. the 7" fan blows the air just far enough through to stop right under the rear seats. Heat is coming up through the center rear latch holes. I am cooking the rear passengers. Do I change to a bilge blower to get closer to the head and let it blow through? Or revamp my mount on the 7" fan? My current fan is dead center of the machine. Thinking I should move it closer to the passengers side to blow directly on the head and let it blow through.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Helpppp. Had the heat recall completed. Installed a 7" fan, still hot. Cut three 2" holes and installed black plastic shower drains in the lower front seat panel to get more air moving, front seat is finally cool.
Now here is my problem. The rear seat is boiling. the 7" fan blows the air just far enough through to stop right under the rear seats. Heat is coming up through the center rear latch holes. I am cooking the rear passengers. Do I change to a bilge blower to get closer to the head and let it blow through? Or revamp my mount on the 7" fan? My current fan is dead center of the machine. Thinking I should move it closer to the passengers side to blow directly on the head and let it blow through.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
You may want to consider adding a second fan in a different location near the back.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My unconfirmed suspicion is the heat is from the exhaust not the engine / head.
I would experiment with moving air along the side of the engine along the headers.

Second thing to look at is seal any holes in the bed / under the seats.
The p700 has a flap (only on one side) that seals the front of the bed to cut down on dust or somthing.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think your right. I may try to move the fan towards the passengers side to see if that helps. if not, I may buy a bilge fan and install it in front of the head to help move the heat.

Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!