P500 Bucket seats question

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Just wondering how many people have done a bucket seat conversion and if its worth the time and effort. I can get some rzr seats for 25 bucks each, wondering if theres enough benefit to doing it or not. Or if rzr seats are a waste of time..

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
RZR seats are 100 times more comfortable in a RZR but they may suck in a Pioneer . Dont think they will have enough room to lean back like they do in the RZR

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just wondering how many people have done a bucket seat conversion and if its worth the time and effort. I can get some rzr seats for 25 bucks each, wondering if theres enough benefit to doing it or not. Or if rzr seats are a waste of time..
I'll take those seats if you don't want them.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I'll take those seats if you don't want them.
The rzr seats? How many would you like? They are on Craigslist about 40 min from me. Not sure how many he has. There are three i his pic, could be just 3, or maybe more..said hes cleaning out his garage. EDIT, i assume youd like a pair. If hes got more i can certainly grab them for you

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
@Montecresto, I'll text him in the morning and see what hes got

Reactions: CURTK
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The rzr seats? How many would you like? They are on Craigslist about 40 min from me. Not sure how many he has. There are three i his pic, could be just 3, or maybe more..said hes cleaning out his garage. EDIT, i assume youd like a pair. If hes got more i can certainly grab them for you
Yes, 2 of them.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
@Montecresto, He already sold a pair, only has a single left...:(. guess I have time to do more research while I watch for more to become available

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Montecresto, He already sold a pair, only has a single left...:(. guess I have time to do more research while I watch for more to become available
Oh no, I don't expect you to do anything, I just thought if there was something right there available I'd jump in on it.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Well I'll keep you posted if i see any more pop up for cheap like that. I'm going to do some measuring off my buddies rzr and see how easy or hard a conversion would be.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well I'll keep you posted if i see any more pop up for cheap like that. I'm going to do some measuring off my buddies rzr and see how easy or hard a conversion would be.
Jackal put buckets in his P-5, though I'm not certain they were from a RZR.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
No, his were beard suspension seats. I did read that build a while back though, its what has kept the idea alive in the back of my mind though.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No, his were beard suspension seats. I did read that build a while back though, its what has kept the idea alive in the back of my mind though.
Yep, you're right, that's what they were.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

My conversion starts here and following posts showing how I mounted it.

P500 - Jackal's P500

Reactions: Shadesmn
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I read yours again this morning. Love the way they turned out. Hoping I can do the same, but with less costly seats. :)
Gotcha, word of caution will set you about 2" higher and about 2" farther forward. Only real pain is if you have an overhead soundbar mounted in same location as mine and are 6ft or taller will bump your head getting in and out occasionally, once seated it is not an issue unless not wearing restraints.

Reactions: Shadesmn
RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
I put a pair of Standard suspension seat co. buckets in my p500 without too much fabrication, like was said earlier 100 times more comfortable than the stock benches. added a set of Beard 4 point harnesses and made things much more secure and comfortable, especially on rough country.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I put a pair of Standard suspension seat co. buckets in my p500 without too much fabrication, like was said earlier 100 times more comfortable than the stock benches. added a set of Beard 4 point harnesses and made things much more secure and comfortable, especially on rough country.

Pics please.

Gotcha, word of caution will set you about 2" higher and about 2" farther forward. Only real pain is if you have an overhead soundbar mounted in same location as mine and are 6ft or taller will bump your head getting in and out occasionally, once seated it is not an issue unless not wearing restraints.

I looked at that build probably a dozen times and that's why I didn't do it. Pushes you forward and up and there just isn't that much room to be had in the 500. Seat back looks pretty vertical too. They look nice but...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Pics please.

I looked at that build probably a dozen times and that's why I didn't do it. Pushes you forward and up and there just isn't that much room to be had in the 500. Seat back looks pretty vertical too. They look nice but...

Ya to do it right would need to drop the supporting frame rails 3 to 4 inches but then knees would hit steering wheel. I did the best with easiest reversible route possible. FWIW I use the OEM seats for everything, the others are a PITA for getting in and out. Comfy while there, just not the complete package.

Reactions: trigger
RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
Did a writeup on this install some time back, on this forum, I'm over six feet and am very comfortable with this set up.

IMG 0124 IMG 0618

Reactions: Rustell and trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!