BOX1

P500 Buckets in a P5

D

Deleted member 3748

My Chooglin console showed up yesterday. I knew it wasn't going to be a bolt it right in thing for me so had to figure out a way to make it work. First off, this thing's BA! I saw Choog's at the Takeover but his is yellow and this one's mine sooo...:D
The side bolsters on the buckets stick out farther than the stock seat so I had to push it towards the front more than Choog's design. Also, the height is set to ride above the stock seat but the bolters on the seat bottoms of the buckets sit higher so I had to move it up a little more than designed. This is what I came up with and it works great for my situation...

Made two brackets out of 1/8" x 2" flat stock, cut them 4" long and drilled 1/2" holes for the seat belt latches.
View attachment 139692
Had to notch two 1/8" slots in the plastic so they sit flat against the frame underneath.
View attachment 139693
Installed those, put the seats in and positioned the console right where I wanted it and marked where Choog's bracket holes were.
View attachment 139694
Noticed about 3 yrs ago that the passenger side seating area is slightly smaller in width, have always dealt with that and installing these buckets was no exception. After lining everything up as much as possible, you're still left slightly off center between the two. Now, not only did I need to move the console forward and up but side to side as well. Took measurements and used back nuts to place it where I needed it to be.
View attachment 139695
Installed the Choog bracket and adjusted accordingly. Reinstalled the seats, put the box on the bracket and tightened her down. This thing is nice and glad I took this route as opposed to making my own. It holds more than it appears in pics, is lockable, has a rubber seal, powder coated black and sits right where I want it, perfect!
View attachment 139697
Can't stand raw metal so everything has been stripped down and is under paint. Posted this trying to be patient and let things dry properly...not my strong suit. :rolleyes:
It looks a lot roomier in there!

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Probably going to be the most comfortable p5 out there. I really like those seats. I sat in a 700 with them at Takeover .it was comfy but the were half assed and weren't secured properly. On a bump you and the seat might both come out . But I know yours will be done right. J was surprised though how some will just make it work then stop.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Probably going to be the most comfortable p5 out there. I really like those seats. I sat in a 700 with them at Takeover .it was comfy but the were half assed and weren't secured properly. On a bump you and the seat might both come out . But I know yours will be done right. J was surprised though how some will just make it work then stop.

Yeah, they're 100% done now except for the seat covers and they've been ordered. These seats don't move at all. Painted everything the last couple of days. Changed the bolts on the Choog console mod to one bolt with backnuts, it's more solid now. The plastic handled nuts showed up yesterday for the seat backs, replaced the wingnuts and makes them easier to remove and install. Put the Trigger Shield back in this morning, a little trimming here and there and it still works great.
Couldn't wait to try it out all put back together so me and the wife shot up to the Gladwin trails today. Rode about 3 hrs, all 50" trails, damp, some mud but no dust. First impressions on the buckets, I like them. We're sitting up a touch higher but I think they sit back more than stock. Shape of the seat makes for a more comfortable ride, the lumbar support is way better. The wife likes the bolsters, said she wasn't sliding around like she used to.
A lot of cutting and hardware but all said and done this was a good mod. I actually enjoyed doing this one. I'm still done though...:D

Buckets with Shield
Gladwin 7 6 19

C

Chooglin

Yeah, they're 100% done now except for the seat covers and they've been ordered. These seats don't move at all. Painted everything the last couple of days. Changed the bolts on the Choog console mod to one bolt with backnuts, it's more solid now. The plastic handled nuts showed up yesterday for the seat backs, replaced the wingnuts and makes them easier to remove and install. Put the Trigger Shield back in this morning, a little trimming here and there and it still works great.
Couldn't wait to try it out all put back together so me and the wife shot up to the Gladwin trails today. Rode about 3 hrs, all 50" trails, damp, some mud but no dust. First impressions on the buckets, I like them. We're sitting up a touch higher but I think they sit back more than stock. Shape of the seat makes for a more comfortable ride, the lumbar support is way better. The wife likes the bolsters, said she wasn't sliding around like she used to.
A lot of cutting and hardware but all said and done this was a good mod. I actually enjoyed doing this one. I'm still done though...:D

View attachment 140108
View attachment 140109
Great job on this mod and just so you know , you're not done ;)

Reactions: trigger
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks good . Now it's an all day machine with the new found comfort.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good . Now it's an all day machine with the new found comfort.

Lol, don't know if it would be an all day rider for most? We do it but it definitely wears you down in this machine. You feel everything a little more and have to pay better attention to the trail in a machine this small. This thing was in its element yesterday though, passed through two atv gates, one wasn't bad at all but the other one was pretty tight. Lots of tight winding trails, banked curves and low hanging branches, the wife said it was like a roller coaster. You see quads and dirt bikes but never another sxs...perfect!

7 6 19

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Had to personalize the console a bit today. I've gotten used to having a pad and this was easy to do, now it's comfy.

Pad
It never bounced around on the ride or anything but I want to make sure something is holding the lid down. We ride with it unlocked so she can grab sh** while I'm driving. The key is on the ring so unlocking it while moving isn't really an option. Installed these magnets so you have to pull it open now. Still gotta paint everything.

Magnets

C

Chooglin

Had to personalize the console a bit today. I've gotten used to having a pad and this was easy to do, now it's comfy.

View attachment 140257
It never bounced around on the ride or anything but I want to make sure something is holding the lid down. We ride with it unlocked so she can grab sh** while I'm driving. The key is on the ring so unlocking it while moving isn't really an option. Installed these magnets so you have to pull it open now. Still gotta paint everything.

View attachment 140258
Great idea!!!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

View attachment 140257

View attachment 140258
Very Nice!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I always carry the important stuff in the console, that way it's right next to me. Wallet, pistol, truck keys, phone, glasses... Kinda like Chooglin set his up with electronics, I have to do a couple more things to set it up just right for me. I'm going to line the inside with tool box liner, at least the bottom. I'm afraid of things getting scratched up when the wife is rummaging around in there. After the ride Sat. we were transferring all the stuff from the machine to the truck, the wife said she couldn't get my glasses out of the console. They were somehow wedged around the securing knob and she didn't want to break them. That knob is sweet for taking it in and out but I plan to leave it mounted unless I'm taking the seats out for something, so I have to get rid of that knob, I want the extra room anyway. Ordered two of these so I have a spare. ;)

Wing Bolt

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
I always carry the important stuff in the console, that way it's right next to me. Wallet, pistol, truck keys, phone, glasses... Kinda like Chooglin set his up with electronics, I have to do a couple more things to set it up just right for me. I'm going to line the inside with tool box liner, at least the bottom. I'm afraid of things getting scratched up when the wife is rummaging around in there. After the ride Sat. we were transferring all the stuff from the machine to the truck, the wife said she couldn't get my glasses out of the console. They were somehow wedged around the securing knob and she didn't want to break them. That knob is sweet for taking it in and out but I plan to leave it mounted unless I'm taking the seats out for something, so I have to get rid of that knob, I want the extra room anyway. Ordered two of these so I have a spare. ;)

View attachment 140373
Trigger PM me I think I have some liner that will work better than tool box liner that I will send you.

Great-Lakes-Proud

Great-Lakes-Proud

GLP
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger, your machine is B.A.
I was wondering about the passenger side grab bar in your machine, where did you get it?
Years ago we used to bow hunt at the North end of the Gladwin trail system off of Herner Rd.
Being a Michigan native I would like to go back some day to ride the Michigan trails including 50" restricted trails throughout the state.
I am a bit concerned about the width of my P5. Currently I am running 14x7 wheels with 5+2 offset mounted with
Sedona Rip-Saw RT's, Front 27x9-14 and is 53.5in wide, Rear 27x11-14 and is 54.0in wide.
What is the Max. width of your machine? I know 50in trails means 50in, I'm just not sure if I want to go back to OEM size.
Thanks, Evan (GLP)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger, your machine is B.A.
I was wondering about the passenger side grab bar in your machine, where did you get it?
Years ago we used to bow hunt at the North end of the Gladwin trail system off of Herner Rd.
Being a Michigan native I would like to go back some day to ride the Michigan trails including 50" restricted trails throughout the state.
I am a bit concerned about the width of my P5. Currently I am running 14x7 wheels with 5+2 offset mounted with
Sedona Rip-Saw RT's, Front 27x9-14 and is 53.5in wide, Rear 27x11-14 and is 54.0in wide.
What is the Max. width of your machine? I know 50in trails means 50in, I'm just not sure if I want to go back to OEM size.
Thanks, Evan (GLP)

Thanks GLP! That grab bar was made by one of the members here on the forum, he stopped making them though. My machine is at 56" and I run those 50" trails. 56" is down at the wheels and if a trail nazi measured I'd probably get in trouble but just looking at a P5 you can tell it's small. Gladwin is my favorite trail system, we've been riding there for 3 yrs and I'll still stumble onto a trail we've never ridden.

Reactions: tr005
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Thanks GLP! That grab bar was made by one of the members here on the forum, he stopped making them though. My machine is at 56" and I run those 50" trails. 56" is down at the wheels and if a trail nazi measured I'd probably get in trouble but just looking at a P5 you can tell it's small. Gladwin is my favorite trail system, we've been riding there for 3 yrs and I'll still stumble onto a trail we've never ridden.

FYI those are decals on the 1000 seat & CAN BE removed I used .
H.T.E.1501 Premium Wash Thinner
Go slow be patient a little at a time. (did NOT effect the material.)
I to have the 1000 seats in my 2018 Red P5.
I cut the bottom of the seat frame off.
Replaced it with 1/4 "x 1" frame that incorporated reuse of OEM seat mount system both ft. & rear rewelded to sear back frame.
I added Automotive seat heaters to all 4 cushions & hid all wires & switches in a small Plastic Ammo box( between the seats with a small console on top.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well they weren't cheap, and they took a month to get here, but these seat covers are BA! They fit perfect, they wrap the entire back of the seat and velcro down at the bottom at 3 points so they form fit. Bottoms are a super tight elastic fit. I got to pick all the materials too, I went with all vinyl and a carbon fiber pattern on the black. The green is the darkest they have and far from a match, I knew that going in.
But hey, they don't say rzr anymore and they are green, I like it! :D

Seat Cover
Seat Covers

D

Duckhunt

@trigger I really enjoyed this mod! We're moving this summer so haven't been riding as much (nor posting) as hoped but have thoroughly enjoyed this! With my mods... and aging body... I NEED these seats! This will be my first mod once new shop is setup!

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Well they weren't cheap, and they took a month to get here, but these seat covers are BA! They fit perfect, they wrap the entire back of the seat and velcro down at the bottom at 3 points so they form fit. Bottoms are a super tight elastic fit. I got to pick all the materials too, I went with all vinyl and a carbon fiber pattern on the black. The green is the darkest they have and far from a match, I knew that going in.
But hey, they don't say rzr anymore and they are green, I like it! :D

View attachment 144421 View attachment 144422
I really like this mod, great job Trigger...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys! :)
The hardest part was cutting the plates underneath. Could be simplified, Jay Man's didn't look real elaborate. I'm just picky as hell and like to make things look like they grew there. These don't move at all, not even a wiggle.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have you seen these knobs?

C3DA218C B349 476B B01A 387218BD09D1

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!