JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good news, I bought it. Seems like a very clean machine and even has service records that were kept by the local Honda shop. I do have a couple of questions. Once I got it home I did some investigating under the hood and found a little black box tied into the battery directly. Anybody know what this is? I’ll attach pics.
Also found a wire that is not connected near the battery that looks like a factory wire and even has a “clip” to hold it in place. everything is working as far as I can tell so I’m not sure what that could be, and looks to go into the main wiring harness making it nearly impossible to trace. ill also attach a picture.

View attachment 434596 View attachment 434597 View attachment 434598
The wire with the blue tape is a factory ground wire for.......... whatever you want I guess 🤷‍♂️

The little black box might be some sort of Lo-Jack type thing???.......use the serial/model numbers there on the back to look it up maybe 👍

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Good news, I bought it. Seems like a very clean machine and even has service records that were kept by the local Honda shop. I do have a couple of questions. Once I got it home I did some investigating under the hood and found a little black box tied into the battery directly. Anybody know what this is? I’ll attach pics.
Also found a wire that is not connected near the battery that looks like a factory wire and even has a “clip” to hold it in place. everything is working as far as I can tell so I’m not sure what that could be, and looks to go into the main wiring harness making it nearly impossible to trace. ill also attach a picture.

View attachment 434596 View attachment 434597 View attachment 434598
Awesome - congrats and enjoy!!!!

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
The small box looks like possibly a controller for whip lights or rock lights...
doesn't seem like that kind of buggy though

Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Congrats on the buggy, sounds like a good deal.

As for the black box I'm betting it's some sort of gps tracker/Lo-Jack sort of thing. Disconnect the wires and throw it in the trash 😂

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!