P1000 cab sucks

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a P1000 with an armor tech back and Honda doors and a Kolpin steel roof,super atv glass windshield and tracks.Ice crusher heater,I went hunting tonight across a snow filled field to my deer stand and it was like a blizzard in the cab,I think it was coming in under the windshield, through the door seams,couldnt even tell I had a heater and it was on high. I just needed to vent, anybody have a good tight cab on their pioneer, how about a hard cab? anybody, it was -18 but still.Let me know if anybody has a solution. I thought the cab was pretty good until I headed across that field.I even had my free heater on and had to close it.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ND, huh? Minus18 F, huh! Last time it was that cold here, was in my glider at 28,000 feet at -20. The cockpit is well sealed, it was still cold, didn't stay up there long before heading down. Maybe someone makes an aftermarket cab fireplace. :)

Picture not at 28K . . . more like 14.

Min 1116 052

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If u want a good seal, a hard inclosure is the way to go. But all of the same brand of corse so all the seems properly meet together. thats part of the issue your having. mix and match isnt going to seal u up 100% as a matter of fact your lucky with 75%

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you need a polaris northstar or jeep, my suggestion, always keep ski goggles with and warm clothes.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If u want a good seal, a hard inclosure is the way to go. But all of the same brand of corse so all the seems properly meet together. thats part of the issue your having. mix and match isnt going to seal u up 100% as a matter of fact your lucky with 75%
It seems like the worst leak is under the windshield,the Honda doors are supposed to seal on the rollcage I have no problem where back meets doors, also heater sucks, who makes the best one?

3756D831 7E2D 4CB7 A93C 21E750369984 700D0B57 FDA6 4E78 9CE4 7586D736ED63

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It seems like the worst leak is under the windshield,the Honda doors are supposed to seal on the rollcage I have no problem where back meets doors, also heater sucks, who makes the best one?

View attachment 310885 View attachment 310886
What l had to do to make my heater work better is buy the radiator fan overide mod and switch. When the pioneer gets to a certain temp the radiator fan comes on and cools the coolant and by the time it gets to your heater its even cooler that with the heater fan blowing on that heater core, its real cool. The fan override lets you turn the fan off on all the time or auto factory. I turn it to off so the coolant can warm up And then trun the heater fan on and watch the temp gauge. Dont let it get past two bars.
i found in my case, the heater fan is enough to keep it at two bars and pleanty of heat. You can find the switch in the club store

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What l had to do to make my heater work better is buy the radiator fan overide mod and switch. When the pioneer gets to a certain temp the radiator fan comes on and cools the coolant and by the time it gets to your heater its even cooler that with the heater fan blowing on that heater core, its real cool. The fan override lets you turn the fan off on all the time or auto factory. I turn it to off so the coolant can warm up And then trun the heater fan on and watch the temp gauge. Dont let it get past two bars.
i found in my case, the heater fan is enough to keep it at two bars and pleanty of heat. You can find the switch in the club store
I already have that I;ll try it, thanks

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Spending some time sealing up all the small gaps makes a big difference in the heater efficiency, and should eliminate or minimize the in-cab blizzard. 😋 I’ve taken the advice of other forum members and sealed as many of the gaps as possible with round foam insulation. Heater performance is much better. I don’t get a lot of heat until the engine heats up to 2 bars, then its fine. I haven’t run at -18 F though.

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Spending some time sealing up all the small gaps makes a big difference in the heater efficiency, and should eliminate or minimize the in-cab blizzard. 😋 I’ve taken the advice of other forum members and sealed as many of the gaps as possible with round foam insulation. Heater performance is much better. I don’t get a lot of heat until the engine heats up to 2 bars, then its fine. I haven’t run at -18 F though.
um going to install a marine bildge blower under my seat and take the heat from the engine and then in the summer reverse the switch so it cools the engine so the seat does not get so hot... not a big problem in mn . though...

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
wll its -27 this morning so I think I'll let the 1000 stay in, I already have an 8"fan under my seat for the hot seat problem, but I dont have it reversible and vented into cab for heat, still waiting for a reply on a switch to shut fan off,its starting to warm up before I finished this post

IMG 8056

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
um going to install a marine bildge blower under my seat and take the heat from the engine and then in the summer reverse the switch so it cools the engine so the seat does not get so hot... not a big problem in mn . though...
Sounds like a plan. However, be advised the bilge fan only puts out a fraction of it's forward flow while in "reverse". This is due to the fan blade design being optimized for the forward direction.

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Sounds like a plan. However, be advised the bilge fan only puts out a fraction of it's forward flow while in "reverse". This is due to the fan blade design being optimized for the forward direction.
yes very true... the hottest temp i ever drive in is 80 degrees.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've gotta think that at those temps, the best you can hope for is blocking the wind and maybe reducing the chill of the air in cab just a bit.

To really get heat like you'd expect from a truck, you'd need to go to a machine built enclosed, like the Polaris Northstar. Can Am also does it with the Defender.

These machines are big dollars, we're talking mid 30s and up to 50K, no bs.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a P1000 with an armor tech back and Honda doors and a Kolpin steel roof,super atv glass windshield and tracks.Ice crusher heater,I went hunting tonight across a snow filled field to my deer stand and it was like a blizzard in the cab,I think it was coming in under the windshield, through the door seams,couldnt even tell I had a heater and it was on high. I just needed to vent, anybody have a good tight cab on their pioneer, how about a hard cab? anybody, it was -18 but still.Let me know if anybody has a solution. I thought the cab was pretty good until I headed across that field.I even had my free heater on and had to close it.
Alumalite Armor made a high quality setup but your probably looking at $4500 or so. But that's the cost of making something designed to work together rather than piecemeal 4 different companies accessories.

Screenshot 20211231 235701 Chrome

Screenshot 20211231 235721 Chrome

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
As far as heater output when it’s cold simply block the lower 1/2 of the front side of the front radiator. From the passenger front tire you can slip a sheet of cardboard or thin plastic across the radiator full length.

Youll never get over 2 bars, and you’ll have strong heat output.

I have the switch mod too, but blocking 1/2 the front radiator is the most effective lowest cost solution to heat output improvement. Make sure to remove it in the spring.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as heater output when it’s cold simply block the lower 1/2 of the front side of the front radiator. From the passenger front tire you can slip a sheet of cardboard or thin plastic across the radiator full length.

Youll never get over 2 bars, and you’ll have strong heat output.

I have the switch mod too, but blocking 1/2 the front radiator is the most effective lowest cost solution to heat output improvement. Make sure to remove it in the spring.
ive done this, on mine it doesnt seem to help that much, I used a piece of baler belting on the bottom half. ,thanks for the reply.Happy 2022 everyone!

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I dont think so,I made a choice when I bought this, the best sxs or the best cab,I chose the side by side.just trying to make it a little better for my winter riding. happy new year all.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!