P1000 Chop the Roll Cage

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
Has anyone chopped the roll cage and dropped it down in height a little? I previously owned a Polaris Ranger and then bought an enclosed cargo trailer to haul it in. Now that I have a Honda Pioneer 1000-5, it won't fit in the back doors and I cannot haul it because it is too tall to fit. Now my choices are to sell the trailer and buy a taller one with a taller rear opening or look into chopping the roll cage and dropping the height a little. I really like the trailer because it is in great shape and I got a great deal on it and I don't see why the roll cage has to be so tall. I am 6'2" and I have a ton of headroom to spare.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone chopped the roll cage and dropped it down in height a little? I previously owned a Polaris Ranger and then bought an enclosed cargo trailer to haul it in. Now that I have a Honda Pioneer 1000-5, it won't fit in the back doors and I cannot haul it because it is too tall to fit. Now my choices are to sell the trailer and buy a taller one with a taller rear opening or look into chopping the roll cage and dropping the height a little. I really like the trailer because it is in great shape and I got a great deal on it and I don't see why the roll cage has to be so tall. I am 6'2" and I have a ton of headroom to spare.
Follow cp's post looks pretty straight forward. Im in the same boat as you are. I have found if i set the rear tires to 3 psi and suck down the rear suspension just a bit i can drive right in. Once it warms up enough to pull the full doors off ill be choping mine also

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
What are you doing to "suck down the rear suspension a bit" to drive the Pioneer into your enclosed trailer?

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!