P1000 Chop the Roll Cage

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
Has anyone chopped the roll cage and dropped it down in height a little? I previously owned a Polaris Ranger and then bought an enclosed cargo trailer to haul it in. Now that I have a Honda Pioneer 1000-5, it won't fit in the back doors and I cannot haul it because it is too tall to fit. Now my choices are to sell the trailer and buy a taller one with a taller rear opening or look into chopping the roll cage and dropping the height a little. I really like the trailer because it is in great shape and I got a great deal on it and I don't see why the roll cage has to be so tall. I am 6'2" and I have a ton of headroom to spare.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone chopped the roll cage and dropped it down in height a little? I previously owned a Polaris Ranger and then bought an enclosed cargo trailer to haul it in. Now that I have a Honda Pioneer 1000-5, it won't fit in the back doors and I cannot haul it because it is too tall to fit. Now my choices are to sell the trailer and buy a taller one with a taller rear opening or look into chopping the roll cage and dropping the height a little. I really like the trailer because it is in great shape and I got a great deal on it and I don't see why the roll cage has to be so tall. I am 6'2" and I have a ton of headroom to spare.
Follow cp's post looks pretty straight forward. Im in the same boat as you are. I have found if i set the rear tires to 3 psi and suck down the rear suspension just a bit i can drive right in. Once it warms up enough to pull the full doors off ill be choping mine also

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
What are you doing to "suck down the rear suspension a bit" to drive the Pioneer into your enclosed trailer?

Reactions: CumminsPusher