JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey all...new guy here, but what's the right amount of chop on a 1000-5 to still be able to sit people in the rear? Chop look is legit but if I can't sit anyone in the back because they smash their dome, it becomes a form vs function debate.
Lots of factors there.......sit back there and give your self what ever "head room" you want to have. I have a 5" chop at the rear and also have RZR seats installed which bump you up a few inches also. Plenty of clearance, but I also have the OEM roof which gives me another cpl inches over the cage.

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CumminsPusher in one of your chop posts I believe you said you have to add to the middle bar. How much do you have to add? If I did a 6” drop in front and 5 in the back would I have a piece or pieces long enough to add what is needed to the center? I have a couple of friends who are going to help me with this and they are asking. I will mostly be the gopher on the project.

Reactions: Lady01
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CumminsPusher in one of your chop posts I believe you said you have to add to the middle bar. How much do you have to add? If I did a 6” drop in front and 5 in the back would I have a piece or pieces long enough to add what is needed to the center? I have a couple of friends who are going to help me with this and they are asking. I will mostly be the gopher on the project.
I better it was 1.5 added to upper center sides. I’d suspect you’d be somewhere around 2.25. And yes you will

Reactions: Lady01 and Shelly
S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I better it was 1.5 added to upper center sides. I’d suspect you’d be somewhere around 2.25. And yes you will
Thank you. I have another question. Do I need to order any type of weld in bungs?

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And yet another question…sorry. Is there tubing that fits the ID of the roll cage or will it have to be turned down?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And yet another question…sorry. Is there tubing that fits the ID of the roll cage or will it have to be turned down?
Man it’s been so long I don’t remember ID. Just did friends few months back and we had enough laying around. I think someone said the smaller diam tube will fit in larger but I can’t confirm. I did do a thread that had some of that in there

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and Shelly
S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man it’s been so long I don’t remember ID. Just did friends few months back and we had enough laying around. I think someone said the smaller diam tube will fit in larger but I can’t confirm. I did do a thread that had some of that in there

So if I am facing the front of the rig is A pillar the one on the drivers side then B is passenger side?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take the stock tubing you remove, cut out a small strip lengthwise and squeeze with vise until they can be pushed down into your cage

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On this one I used 1.75" .095 tubing but I don't really recommend it. Had to take a sizeable strip out and pretty hard to compress. But it's strong AF.
On this one I think I took 3.5,4, and 4.5 out of it starting with A pillars.

20220320 133039

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
On this one I used 1.75" .095 tubing but I don't really recommend it. Had to take a sizeable strip out and pretty hard to compress. But it's strong AF.
On this one I think I took 3.5,4, and 4.5 out of it starting with A pillars.

View attachment 335857
I personally like taking more out the front, makes room good in rear and evacuates that damn pool that sits on factory roof out

Reactions: Shelly and Lady01
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So if I am facing the front of the rig is A pillar the one on the drivers side then B is passenger side?
This is what I used.

This fits snug in the a-pillar and c-pillar. It will require a slit for the b-pillar. I replaced the bung on the a-pillar and added a sleeve up the a-pillar with the tubing. The b-pillar, I did a z notch to keep all the stock gussets and I added a sleeve. The c-pillar I sleeved with 30" of tube from the top to the bottom bend radius. Weight or cost wasn't a concern but it's stout. I did not added any tube between the a and b pillar as I only went about 3" lower than stock.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!