Clutch temperature indicator

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
My guess is your sensors are contaminated….

Reactions: TxDoc
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I will follow HondaTechs' recommendations, but we don't have a dealer center in our country :)

Honda world-wide probably markets parts differently in Europe and Asia than Honda USA so many parts are probably packaged differently.

That's actually not surprising.

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
My guess is your sensors are contaminated….
nope, new ones, there is now errors about pressure,83-?error is stupid one, it is low or high voltage on Clutch Line Oil Pressure Sensor , it is awkward, because + and - wires from all 3 sensors are paralleled, so if there will be a real low or hingh voltage, this error will be from all 3 sensors, not from only one of them. On my opinion

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Honda world-wide probably markets parts differently in Europe and Asia than Honda USA so many parts are probably packaged differently.

That's actually not surprising.
I have ordered some oil rings for clutch, ecm, and these parts are ONLY in US, there were rings on eBay from Japan, but no more options, In Europe there is not so many details for Talon, it is not a huge problem to buy parts from US, ecm cost me 240$, 6 rings 45$ and shipping 215$

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
put a gauge on it
as I remember it was around 5.5 bar( 550kPa), so it is was normal, as written in service manual:
490 - 588 kPa (5.0 - 6.0 kgf/cm',
71 - 85 psi) at 5,000 rpm/80°C (176°F)

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Your US-built Talon is an orphan in Lithuania. That situation presents a large challenge in a modern computer-controlled vehicle.

We occasionally see German market Mercedes-Benz and BMW cars.

I admire your ability to communicate in English! As you know, we Americans are language-impaired. Most of us only speak English and poorly.

Reactions: TxDoc and CID
D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Your US-built Talon is an orphan in Lithuania. That situation presents a large challenge in a modern computer-controlled vehicle.

We occasionally see German market Mercedes-Benz and BMW cars.

I admire your ability to communicate in English! As you know, we Americans are language-impaired. Most of us only speak English and poorly.
Actually I’m from Belarus, ride here, but study in Lithuania, so you are right, it is the only one Talon in Belarus

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TxDoc and CID
D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
So back to my main question, do you have any ideas what can cause clutch temperature indicator came on ?

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hi everyone, the answer to all my discussions is the same, finally after more than half a year I fixed Talon, the problem turned out to be neither in the wiring, not in the ecm, not in the connectors, the problem turned out to be in 2pcs oil pressure sensors, they just periodically did not show the value on the signal wire, ordered the original sensors for 50$ from Japan, put and everything worked, thanks to all who helped and offered solutions to the problem.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thank you for the feedback. Feedback adds to the store of knowledge and is available the next time someone has a similar problem.

I never thought about the oil pressure sensor and don't recall ever seeing it mentioned here before but I had the same problem a few months ago on a Generac home generator set.

When the sensor fails it no longer provides a signal voltage required for the engine to run.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!