Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am heading to my dealership to pick up mine...They did both the cabin comfort and the clutch cover up grade. I didn't have to tell them I had a problem with either one and I didn't have a problem with it either. I just told them I wanted it done! My dealership has been phenomenal to work with and has treated me great though! I am excited to drive it again and see if there is any difference in the way it shifts. I didn't have any problems with it before but after reading this thread it sounds like it might shift different/better! I was under the impression that it was simply to deliver fresh cooler oil to the clutches so they won't overheat. I run my machine extremely hard when I am driving so my clutches were never sitting in the "lugging" zone anyway!
Holy shat your back! Where ya been?

D

Deanb

Mar 26, 2016
Stonyplain
Wonder if they are going by serial numbers to send out the letters? Starting at the beginning and working their way through. US first then Canada. Anyone got any knowledge into this?
My dealer notified me

quickfish

quickfish

Sep 14, 2016
Kent, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I called about the clutch update, they said they won’t do it unless you actually have a clutch slipping.

I went to my dealer and ask they type in my vin# said yep your covered and they ordered the both set ups, been waiting a month now but at least I’m on the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

As for the automobile mechanic I can say without a doubt they are wrong, at least in the dealership setting. Our oil changers make almost 30k a year. I have master techs making close to 100k a year.

Ive been in this business for 10 years and I dont clear 30K a year. I live in rural KY, so that might have something to do with it, but bike techs dont paid s***.

D

DDDonkey

I just got the clutch cover and comfort kit done last week and put 30ish mile on mine this weekend. I could not tell any change with the trans (only 135 miles on my buggy) and the comfort kit work well but not perfect. There was still a lot of hot air from the shift holes, but much less from the the back area between the bed and the back of the front seat.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive been in this business for 10 years and I dont clear 30K a year. I live in rural KY, so that might have something to do with it, but bike techs dont paid s***.

That bites...

I was a Honda tech in the late 70’s and early 80’s and could clear 2 - 3 times that back then. Some of the marine mechanics that I know in Florida are clearing well over $100k a year.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Holy shat your back! Where ya been?

LOL! I am starting to find some time again! Totaling my first Honda 1000 and it almost putting me 6feet under really put somethings in perspective in life for me! I do really like the 1000-5 I have now but haven't been on it like I was the first one....been spending tons of time with my boys!

I do have mine back from the dealership and it all appears to be really good! The shifting does seem smoother and better all around! Haven't really monitored the heat shield enough to give feed back on it!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
LOL! I am starting to find some time again! Totaling my first Honda 1000 and it almost putting me 6feet under really put somethings in perspective in life for me! I do really like the 1000-5 I have now but haven't been on it like I was the first one....been spending tons of time with my boys!

I do have mine back from the dealership and it all appears to be really good! The shifting does seem smoother and better all around! Haven't really monitored the heat shield enough to give feed back on it!

Hey buddy. We missed you. Glad you’re back. Hope to see you on a group in 2018!

advertisement
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not making excuses for the dealer, but they have a lot of different models they need to handle, and then add on other brands on top of it. All we worry about here is the pioneer.

What else is there????????

Reactions: DRAGFOOT
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, in my opinion, nothing. I don’t believe I’d own a sxs had Honda not come out with the 1000. I’d be on atv’s.

Ever since my son drove my Pioneer, he's been trying to sell his Ranger.

I had a Foreman but didn't sell my last 3 Big Red 3wheelers until I had my Pioneer!

Reactions: DRAGFOOT
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I received the machine back today. While they had it, I received the letter for the cabin comfort mod so I called and they had the parts in stock. They went ahead and installed that also. To be honest, I do not notice a difference with the clutch, although I believe it was to prevent future issues, maybe not a performance improvement. I’m interested to see how the heat reduction under the seat works. All they did was seal the area under the seat with a thin sheet of rubber. We will see.

Reactions: Eltobgi
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to see some getting there upgrades, my cabin comfort has been ordered for over 2 months and dealer still has no kits.

T

Tackelbarry

Dec 29, 2016
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I heard about the upgrades I called my local dealer and they ordered the parts. It took about 3 weeks for them to get the parts and one day to do both the heat and clutch upgrade. I did not know that I was having any issues with the clutches but my machine definitely seems to shift more decisively and smoother. I also purchased the three year extended warranty just for piece of mind. I am a happy camper, Sport Durst Powersports in Durham, N.C. have been great so far.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Totaling your 1000? I'm pretty new here, care to up date me?

G

Gunterpete

Nov 29, 2017
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya called the dealer. They were not even aware of the cabin comfort kit. Asked about the clutch update and was told that they just got the bulletin. They called the tech line (Honda Canada ) and as they told me the tech line asked him how I new about the update because they just started sending info to the dealers. LOL. Sounds like it could be awhile.Not to worried about the comfort kit but would really like the clutch update done.

Hi there.
Im in Ontario my 1000 is in the dealers shop getting the clutches and the heating issues done.
I phoned Honda Canada and they said phone your dealer.

advertisement