P1000 Clutches...

J

JTW

I would be cautious trusting line locks or anything with seals that can blow! It needs to be (MUST) be a separate mechanical brake.. I would have settled for midgets with chocks to set behind the wheels! I don't know how the master cylinder front/rear separation works.. but at least that would be something. Free rolling down a badass mountain, backwards, with no means of slowing down, is not a good idea!

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Any idea on how many lines coming out of it??

Anyone with an LE want to snap a quick picture?

My LE. Don't know if you can see much 0dbe073967eebf1bc9b1b8256a10bf8617bb5dab49f4cdb3fcb0c6cb188b30e1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would be cautious trusting line locks or anything with seals that can blow! It needs to be (MUST) be a separate mechanical brake.. I would have settled for midgets with chocks to set behind the wheels! I don't know how the master cylinder front/rear separation works.. but at least that would be something. Free rolling down a badass mountain, backwards, with no means of slowing down, is not a good idea!
I've been running a mechanical line stop on my front brakes for a while now. It performs great, and will hold the P1k on any hill. I tested it on @drfubar 's retard hill, and it held with no problems.
of course, if you bust a brake line, then... better just crank the steering wheel to full lock and hope that big ugly square cage does its job and prevents a full-on death roll.
most vehicles have a mechanically actuated emergency brake that uses a cable/spring/pulley system (similar to a bicycle), but these have reliability issues in muddy conditions... but I digress...
I said all that, to say this... somebody with assets like yours, I'd think you could just stop "Fred Flintstone" style anyway!!lol :D

J

JTW

I've been running a mechanical line stop on my front brakes for a while now. It performs great, and will hold the P1k on any hill. I tested it on @drfubar 's retard hill, and it held with no problems.
of course, if you bust a brake line, then... better just crank the steering wheel to full lock and hope that big ugly square cage does its job and prevents a full-on death roll.
most vehicles have a mechanically actuated emergency brake that uses a cable/spring/pulley system (similar to a bicycle), but these have reliability issues in muddy conditions... but I digress...
I said all that, to say this... somebody with assets like yours, I'd think you could just stop "Fred Flintstone" style anyway!!lol :D
Lol.. yabba dabba dooooo!!!

I know what you mean with the mechanical e-brake and you're right.. they don't seem to ever work quite right on older off-road vehicles.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Ask @Kilo427 How that worked out for him, or @Windrock1000.

The engine brake works awesome great (unless your on a cliff hanging off a rock) See it will slow you down but only to a point then you have to lasso the guy behind yah and hope they can stop you or you flip them over when they try to stop you. Oh helpful tip if you ever have to use engine braking and for some reason it starts to kick out, manually paddle shift up to 2nd and it will kick in then kick it back to first. No idea why that works but ask joey he drove mine and every now and then the engine brake just says meh no more brake for you.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Once the ground unthaws and there's enough mud to get stuck, I'll let you know if my clutches V2 hold up any better than the first ones.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

advertisement
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Once the ground unthaws and there's enough mud to get stuck, I'll let you know if my clutches V2 hold up any better than the first ones.

We're well thawed on the island. And it was soupy to say the least yesterday... got to do some wheel standing in the mud though, wife didn't care for it...

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We're well thawed on the island. And it was soupy to say the least yesterday... got to do some wheel standing in the mud though, wife didn't care for it...
We went about three weeks ago, we tried our damndest to get stuck, but I crawled through everything without fail.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
We went about three weeks ago, we tried our damndest to get stuck, but I crawled through everything without fail.

I hear ya, a fully functioning P1K is a tank. With just the tire upgrade and highlifter it goes through stuff I had to really hammer down to get through before.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!