Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Every Pioneer I've been in shifts just a little different, some firm and some a little sloppier. Seems it's tough to get them to be the exact same.
If you test drive a Honda Civic all will feel about the same till mileage builds up. So with that in mind it might show standards aren't exactly the same and a few have problems while others don't for a long time and others yet will never fail.
When fluid controls shift points, pressures placed on the clutches and length of shifts there can be variables.
I think the clutch update will help get all the numbers a little more stable

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! That last crack is impressive! Is this all Moab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Every Pioneer I've been in shifts just a little different, some firm and some a little sloppier. Seems it's tough to get them to be the exact same.
If you test drive a Honda Civic all will feel about the same till mileage builds up. So with that in mind it might show standards aren't exactly the same and a few have problems while others don't for a long time and others yet will never fail.
When fluid controls shift points, pressures placed on the clutches and length of shifts there can be variables.
I think the clutch update will help get all the numbers a little more stable
Mines going in tomorrow for the final clutch up grade, clutch cover up grade, the one with a bigger oil port to keep clutches cooler, we"ll see. My clutch has been working better since I put the Elka stage 5's on, no more patty footing around, hammer down, just need 10 ply tires!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mines going in tomorrow for the final clutch up grade, clutch cover up grade, the one with a bigger oil port to keep clutches cooler, we"ll see. My clutch has been working better since I put the Elka stage 5's on, no more patty footing around, hammer down, just need 10 ply tires!
And more travel! Already had the oil relief valves chamfered. Foxes are a joke.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I do believe good shocks can help clutches like you say. Increases speed which increases r's, simple math in my book:)

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
B

BigBlockBobby

Oct 16, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Looks like fun!

D

Dasmoeturhead

If this guys clutches held up through what is on this video, it's really hard to understand why some have had problems under much less severe conditions.
Its either good Karma, or PFM.
I like to think its the 10-40 oil I use. I know it's not, so I'll go with PFM.
(Pure F*****g Magic).

Reactions: JTW
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I see the diffrence those with clutch problems dont have their coolers strapped down more stress on clutches. All the clutch problems are from loose coolers.
Lmao

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Its either good Karma, or PFM.
I like to think its the 10-40 oil I use. I know it's not, so I'll go with PFM.
(Pure F*****g Magic).
Honda enginers have night mares over these kind of videos, looks cool, looks like it would be a great night ride with more speed, HA!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And more travel! Already had the oil relief valves chamfered. Foxes are a joke.
Ment to say stock shocks are a joke. I've seen some videos of the Foxes going slow and they seem to work.

Reactions: knuckledeep
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I have an LE and it kicks ass for a utility machine. I wish I would have seen this video before I did some rocks in WV back in August. I think I would have avoided a scratched rim because I read too much about going 3 mph or better to lock them up. The Fox work well on this setup.
Great Video. I'm ready to crawl anywhere now. :p

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!