P1000 Squealing Clutches

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just curious if anyone else had had the issue of your clutches squealing? Seems like it happens more when its in low then any other time. Maybe once and a while when in manual but it seems like its happening more and more when its in low. I was thinking it was because the machine wasn't warmed up enough when I was taking off but its happening more and more often now. Was on a ride last night and my cousins wife was asking her husband whats wrong with his machine is his BELT squealing like that (seriously what it sounds like)?

Its a 2017 with the clutch upgrade with around 400 miles. Not slipping when shifting gears(high reving) as I know what that sounds and feels like. I'll try and get a video here as soon as I can but its seriously loud enough that other people on the trail can hear it either in front or behind me. Sometimes yes in high but definitely more when its in low or manual. I wish I had a video of what it sounds like atm which would definitely help but I'll try to get one later today. Yes both engine and sub trans are at operating oil levels

Reactions: BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious if anyone else had had the issue of your clutches squealing? Seems like it happens more when its in low then any other time. Maybe once and a while when in manual but it seems like its happening more and more when its in low. I was thinking it was because the machine wasn't warmed up enough when I was taking off but its happening more and more often now. Was on a ride last night and my cousins wife was asking her husband whats wrong with his machine is his BELT squealing like that (seriously what it sounds like)?

Its a 2017 with the clutch upgrade with around 400 miles. Not slipping when shifting gears(high reving) as I know what that sounds and feels like. I'll try and get a video here as soon as I can but its seriously loud enough that other people on the trail can hear it either in front or behind me. Sometimes yes in high but definitely more when its in low or manual. I wish I had a video of what it sounds like atm which would definitely help but I'll try to get one later today. Yes both engine and sub trans are at operating oil levels
I do believe thats a first. The clutches are sitting in oil. Be really hard for them to make noise.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To me it sounds more like an engine rpm related rattle issue. Have you checked all the bolts on your exhaust heat shields for tightness?
No I haven’t. Think I’m gonna go out and look. Gotta start somewhere!

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just checked all the heat shields. Crawled under and looked shook grabbed onto everything I could get my hands on and everything seems pretty sturdy and tight. It seems like it makes this noise more when its in low or manual. I'm stumped with this one.

advertisement

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To help us troubleshoot more, put trans in manual mode 1st gear and ease into accelerator. Let revs build and see if that noise comes in at a certain rpm

Reactions: BWAF and Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To help us troubleshoot more, put trans in manual mode 1st gear and ease into accelerator. Let revs build and see if that noise comes in at a certain rpm
Going for a ride in 20 minuets I’ll try that out.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Going for a ride in 20 minuets I’ll try that out.
Sounds normal in manual and first. Revved it up pretty good and nothing. Will just wait and see if anything happens I guess. Everything is working as it should. Maybe it will just eventually go away. Thanks everyone!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds normal in manual and first. Revved it up pretty good and nothing. Will just wait and see if anything happens I guess. Everything is working as it should. Maybe it will just eventually go away. Thanks everyone!
Sorry we couldn't help. Good luck with it and let us know what happens!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds completely normal to me. I can't pick out any un ordinary noise. But the stock noise kinda hurt my ears sometimes. Changed to hmf exhaust and the high pitch went away

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds completely normal to me. I can't pick out any un ordinary noise. But the stock noise kinda hurt my ears sometimes. Changed to hmf exhaust and the high pitch went away
I'm definitely hearing a noise in the video that mine doesn't make. Maybe yours makes that same noise? Right before each shift there is a "chirping" sound for a moment. Glad mine doesn't make that noise 'cause that would drive me nuts!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
H
Do you hear banjo music in the back ground? HA!
Hey Lee, I don't think I met you at the take over, so many people there, next year look me up, I'll be wearing a full brimmed hat.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!