P1000 Squealing Clutches

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know it was abducted by the popos are there any signs of penetration maybe they implanted a belt LOL hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
My cousins wife said what’s wrong with his belt! :D

Reactions: BWAF
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
All I hear is the rear differential, check the fluid level. A few have had seals leak, even seen one running dry, it sounds like that high pitched squeal you mentioned.
Everything is good. No seals leaking or low fluid levels on anything. I am very anal about checking all my fluids before every ride I go on. Like I said I’m stumped and it seems to be a mystery. Hopefully it will eventually quit on its own.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Everything is good. No seals leaking or low fluid levels on anything. I am very anal about checking all my fluids before every ride I go on. Like I said I’m stumped and it seems to be a mystery. Hopefully it will eventually quit on its own.
I asked a few people for you. Didn't seems to know what it was.
Said it has to be something squeaking when the vibrations are just right.
Sorry, I know that's no help.

Reactions: BWAF and Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I asked a few people for you. Didn't seems to know what it was.
Said it has to be something squeaking when the vibrations are just right.
Sorry, I know that's no help.
Yeah it’s very strange. Lol. I appreciate the help and I appreciate everyone who’s had input and suggestions on this. We will just wait and see what happens. Hopefully nothing or maybe that’s how my machine is. As long as everything’s working I’m driving it.

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
check below the air filter where it goes into the throttle body. There are very small screws holding that in that I have seen come loose two times. May it could make a squealing whistle sound if there is a small gap and its sucking air hard. If anything worth a check anyhow.

F

Farmoore

Jun 21, 2018
SEArkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah it’s very strange. Lol. I appreciate the help and I appreciate everyone who’s had input and suggestions on this. We will just wait and see what happens. Hopefully nothing or maybe that’s how my machine is. As long as everything’s working I’m driving it.
My 2018 was making a god awful squeal from the front end while in 2wd and turf, I finally tightened the selector cable and fixed it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it a mechanical squeal or whistling?
I think I hear the noise. but a 15 second video is just us grabbing at straws.
Can you replicate the noise accelerating slower?
Can you watch the Tach to see roughly where the noise comes into play?

What year is this? Any restrictions on intake tubing? Could be a loose clamp whistling under heavier load.
Very hard to differentiate between whistle and mechanical noise in your video.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 2018 was making a god awful squeal from the front end while in 2wd and turf, I finally tightened the selector cable and fixed it.
This is coming from behind the cab right under the box.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is it a mechanical squeal or whistling?
I think I hear the noise. but a 15 second video is just us grabbing at straws.
Can you replicate the noise accelerating slower?
Can you watch the Tach to see roughly where the noise comes into play?

What year is this? Any restrictions on intake tubing? Could be a loose clamp whistling under heavier load.
Very hard to differentiate between whistle and mechanical noise in your video.
Its a 2017 with the clutch update probably around 400 miles now. I can't quite remember. I'll upload a couple more videos I have and see if it will help you out any. It doesn't do it by just sitting in park revving the engine only happens when in gear and moving.

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its a 2017 with the clutch update probably around 400 miles now. I can't quite remember. I'll upload a couple more videos I have and see if it will help you out any. It doesn't do it by just sitting in park revving the engine only happens when in gear and moving.

Sure sounds like it's sucking air to me.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I finally took it in to get looked at. Couldn't put up with that sound any longer. They said it was my muffler. The baffle came off/broke off or something like that. And as far as my heat shield that was upgraded or put on before I bought it wasn't on correctly and it started melting so I DK. Waiting on parts and should hopefully have it back next week. Thanks for all the help!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I finally took it in to get looked at. Couldn't put up with that sound any longer. They said it was my muffler. The baffle came off/broke off or something like that. And as far as my heat shield that was upgraded or put on before I bought it wasn't on correctly and it started melting so I DK. Waiting on parts and should hopefully have it back next week. Thanks for all the help!
Will your exhaust be covered under warranty? My muffler canister completely broke away from the exhaust pipe and I was told "things like brakes, tires, batteries, exhaust system components etc aren't covered under warranty". Had to buy a used one off of eBay for $175.00. My plastic cover melted too. I'd throw it away but my state registration sticker is baked on it.

Last edited:
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will your exhaust be covered under warranty? My muffler canister completely broke away from the exhaust pipe and I was told "things like brakes, tires, batteries, exhaust system components etc aren't covered under warranty". Had to buy a used one off of eBay for $175.00. My plastic cover melted too. I'd throw it away but my state registration sticker is baked on it.
Yeah they are covering it. I don’t see why the exhaust wouldn’t be??? I’d be checking on that one. Hoping that they can get the parts today and I can have it back for our ride this weekend. If not I’ve got my four wheeler but it’s not my pioneeer.

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah they are covering it. I don’t see why the exhaust wouldn’t be??? I’d be checking on that one. Hoping that they can get the parts today and I can have it back for our ride this weekend. If not I’ve got my four wheeler but it’s not my pioneeer.
Glad to hear they're gonna take care of you!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!