Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey Delton, have you seen this? May help with ideas.

P1000m3 - Strong Made Rear Bumper

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

Reactions: Delton
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like that it can be removed so the bed will dump.

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Signature:

I've seen the bumpers on their website but that's the first time seeing the mounts. That looks solid as heck. And disconnects like a receiver hitch which is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe I'm on the right track after all lol. I may contact them to see if the mounts can be purchased separately. The bumper is alright. Almost the look I'm going for lol. Thanks Joey!!!! Very helpful!

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking forward to tomorrow. Gonna go hang with my favorite Santa Claus looking Godfather Don @drfubar . We just got some new kids and I could use the stress relief lol. We now have 6 foster kids plus my own redhead. One is leaving Monday (thank God!!). She's going to a group home due to nobody being able to put up with her. She hasnt been bad for us though. But as an example...she has pending criminal charges for texting a selfish holding a .380. Don't know what the wife was thinking but I went along. I constantly remind her that we can't save them all. Anyways, I'm sure a couple hours hanging with my boy will make the world right again for me. Night all.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Say hi for me don't work too hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: drfubar and Delton
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like those Strong Made mounts as well... In my opinion a real bumper needs to be frame mounted. I was thinking about something coming off the hitch receiver (some how, some way) that would be easy to remove if need be. The single mounting point would not lend its self to being rigid and all that lever would probably make it weak too. Just thinking out loud...

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking forward to tomorrow. Gonna go hang with my favorite Santa Claus looking Godfather Don @drfubar . We just got some new kids and I could use the stress relief lol. We now have 6 foster kids plus my own redhead. One is leaving Monday (thank God!!). She's going to a group home due to nobody being able to put up with her. She hasnt been bad for us though. But as an example...she has pending criminal charges for texting a selfish holding a .380. Don't know what the wife was thinking but I went along. I constantly remind her that we can't save them all. Anyways, I'm sure a couple hours hanging with my boy will make the world right again for me. Night all.
I'm also looking forward to showing someone else my trails and my thoughts for trails. And honestly getting some suggestions for trails.

It's never work hanging out with that buttmunch lol
Ok, you and @CumminsPusher take your shots after I go to bed.o_O Ya'll know I'm old and can't stay up late. I should try and stay up longer. I'm getting way, way too much beauty sleep cause I can't walk down the street without drawing a mob of young woman. :D They always mistake me for Sean Connery. Yep I can see it;)
MTE1ODA0OTcxNTkzNzk1MDg1WIN 20161019 07 05 14 Pro

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Signature:

Yes, this is the one I had seen that I thought was better than the OEM mounting strategery... solved the problem of still being able to dump the bed.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I like those Strong Made mounts as well... In my opinion a real bumper needs to be frame mounted. I was thinking about something coming off the hitch receiver (some how, some way) that would be easy to remove if need be. The single mounting point would not lend its self to being rigid and all that lever would probably make it weak too. Just thinking out loud...
With that idea if you were needing a rear rack you could do a combo like my rear seat mount it's mounted to the hitch and ROPS I doesn't get stronger, for safety reasons I used bolts but someone could run bolted clamps and use pins for easy removal for dumping.
Like others said though for one to get out of the way for dumping is the only problem and I think for general use any I've seen will protect the vehicle well enough.
Delton your front came out so well I'm excited to see the final product you're in the process of I think it'll be great

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Special thanks to my old buddy @Delton for his expertise on installing the parking brake. Also to @CumminsPusher for all the parts.. Works like a charm... Took delton and his daughter Emily around the property after the install. Delton's already making up trails to cut when he returns....

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I'm also looking forward to showing someone else my trails and my thoughts for trails. And honestly getting some suggestions for trails.

Ok, you and @CumminsPusher take your shots after I go to bed.o_O Ya'll know I'm old and can't stay up late. I should try and stay up longer. I'm getting way, way too much beauty sleep cause I can't walk down the street without drawing a mob of young woman. :D They always mistake me for Sean Connery. Yep I can see it;)
View attachment 24564View attachment 24565

The resemblance is remarkable. Like Devito and Schwarzenegger in that movie Twins.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 24564View attachment 24565
Now I'm confused! Maybe it's Sean Connery's picture in the post office

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Special thanks to my old buddy @Delton for his expertise on installing the parking brake. Also to @CumminsPusher for all the parts.. Works like a charm... Took delton and his daughter Emily around the property after the install. Delton's already making up trails to cut when he returns....
No thank you Don. I can't tell you how badly I needed to hang out and do guy stuff. I came back to the madhouse all refreshed and ready for more lol. Don has gorgeous property!! And all kinds of good trails!!! I found several places to get stupid on lol. He took me up some stupid steep trails. Of course his P1K didn't even break a sweat.
Parking brake worked like it should (after we stopped all those dang leaks lmao).

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep thinking out loud!! That's how a brain trust works. Somebody mentions something and it sparks an idea or thought with someone else.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought I'd post this pick of @Delton's work... The brake works perfect. Nice job buddy.
View attachment 24621
I'm going back and rerouting my brake lines. Yours turned out much better than mine lol. Minus the leaks lol. Those adapters that @PioneerPete posted worked like a charm. It's wierd that the included fittings worked fine for mine and not yours. Not counting the one I had that split in two lmao.

advertisement