P1000 Deluxe vs LE? Need some real world knowledge.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hasn't there been enough posts on the subject? Not my fault people are ignorant and cant have a real honest discussion ......eh @JTW for example

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Hasn't there been enough posts on the subject? Not my fault people are ignorant and cant have a real honest discussion ......eh @JTW for example

The posts in this thread are a perfect example of why the discussion quickly derails. Theirs nothing wrong with either machine or either drive system. Both have proven reliable, dependable and effective. The choice is do you as a driver want to be in control or do you want the machine in control in low traction situations.

The reason I believe that some LE drivers get grief is the arrogant, condescending attitude towards folks the don’t embrace the i4wd system. Similar to BMW owners, that have that “my s***s better than your s***” attitude. Some folks just simply prefer a less complex system in a sxs . Some folks Just simply prefer to be able to shift into diff lock manually. And some folks simply like like the i4wd system . Choice is a good thing.

For me, I don’t think the i4wd is worth the additional cost. But that’s just me.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The posts in this thread are a perfect example of why the discussion quickly derails. Theirs nothing wrong with either machine or either drive system. Both have proven reliable, dependable and effective. The choice is do you as a driver want to be in control or do you want the machine in control in low traction situations.

The reason I believe that some LE drivers get grief is the arrogant, condescending attitude towards folks the don’t embrace the i4wd system. Similar to BMW owners, that have that “my s***s better than your s***” attitude. Some folks just simply prefer a less complex system in a sxs . Some folks Just simply prefer to be able to shift into diff lock manually. And some folks simply like like the i4wd system . Choice is a good thing.

For me, I don’t think the i4wd is worth the additional cost. But that’s just me.
That's pretty fair!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

93D93BD2 3508 47C2 A463 67D5EC34FA25

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have a bmw and I’m prettt special. Just sayin....

Well, my wife has a bmw and she is special. I’m just another retard on this site reading these messages. I have nothing valuable to add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Well s*** you said that far more eloquently then I could. But I’m just a dumb hick that can’t fix idiot lights when they pop up and doesn’t mind sliding a lever over one spot to the right when the going gets rough.
Personally I thought it was awesome they had both choices. I wish that followed into the Talon for both types of people.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No I dont agree. I think being handy has nothing to do with it. But I would agree that if you're not handy then HONDA is the way to go.

I think your statement discounts how great of a machine non LE's are, such as yours, and gives the wrong impression of the true benefits of the I4WD.

They are both great machines. Just different.

I said both are great machines just different. It's not some LE drivers getting grief it's all of them. I've not been arrogant or condescending. There are certainly pros and cons to each. I've expressed that many times. I clearly stated both are great machines.

I think what always derails the discussion is the number of people who have never sat their ass in an LE and drove it yet they dont hesitate to bash it every chance they get. They bash the technology, the owner, the lack of manual diff and anything else they can think of. Theyve never driven one and they have no idea what they're talking about. They have zero experience yet It happens every damn time. Every time someone asks about an LE the people that dont have one bash it and theres like 5 guys on here that actually own one and can defend it.

You can text me and give me s*** all you want I dont care, but I do care about this being a fair and honest forum. So far there is no shortage of people bashing the LE machine that they have never sat their ass in.

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I said both are great machines just different. It's not some LE drivers getting grief it's all of them. I've not been arrogant or condescending. There are certainly pros and cons to each. I've expressed that many times. I clearly stated both are great machines.

I think what always derails the discussion is the number of people who have never sat their ass in an LE and drove it yet they dont hesitate to bash it every chance they get. They bash the technology, the owner, the lack of manual diff and anything else they can think of. Theyve never driven one and they have no idea what they're talking about. They have zero experience yet It happens every damn time. Every time someone asks about an LE the people that dont have one bash it and theres like 5 guys on here that actually own one and can defend it.

You can text me and give me s*** all you want I dont care, but I do care about this being a fair and honest forum. So far there is no shortage of people bashing the LE machine that they have never sat their ass in.

Yea but I still have a BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to admit I have never used an LE, but have no doubt about how well it works...... when it works. The reason I would not buy one is SIMPLE ...... KISS ..... Keep It Simple Stupid. It IS another electrical/computer option that WILL fail at SOME POINT. I see the manual locker as having LESS chances of failure. That is the same reason I would prefer manual locking hubs on my truck, rather than electronic. I HAVE had the electronic connection to fail which left me withOUT 4WD. Newer concepts are NOT always better/more reliable. If it ain't broke ..... don't fix it!

D

DDDonkey

I will put in my 2 cents. I have the deluxe because I like having the control over the diff lock on the front. The LE has grown on me for a couple of reasons. First when you need 4wd you set it and forget it, no need to stop to engage the front locker the LE does it for you ( I know it is not a locker but you get what I mean, it does its magic). Second I am pretty sure the LE comes with bigger diffs so that should make them stronger. The only other difference is the skid plates and the shocks to to me. Good luck and let us know what you end up with!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will put in my 2 cents. I have the deluxe because I like having the control over the diff lock on the front. The LE has grown on me for a couple of reasons. First when you need 4wd you set it and forget it, no need to stop to engage the front locker the LE does it for you ( I know it is not a locker but you get what I mean, it does its magic). Second I am pretty sure the LE comes with bigger diffs so that should make them stronger. The only other difference is the skid plates and the shocks to to me. Good luck and let us know what you end up with!
You don’t need to stop to engage or disengage the locker. I lightly let off gas and go. Think most do

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it???

Reactions: TimG

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!