P1000 Deluxe vs LE? Need some real world knowledge.

J

JTW

I said both are great machines just different. It's not some LE drivers getting grief it's all of them. I've not been arrogant or condescending. There are certainly pros and cons to each. I've expressed that many times. I clearly stated both are great machines.

I think what always derails the discussion is the number of people who have never sat their ass in an LE and drove it yet they dont hesitate to bash it every chance they get. They bash the technology, the owner, the lack of manual diff and anything else they can think of. Theyve never driven one and they have no idea what they're talking about. They have zero experience yet It happens every damn time. Every time someone asks about an LE the people that dont have one bash it and theres like 5 guys on here that actually own one and can defend it.

You can text me and give me s*** all you want I dont care, but I do care about this being a fair and honest forum. So far there is no shortage of people bashing the LE machine that they have never sat their ass in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I completely agree... those guys talking s*** about the LE shouldn’t be so hard on those sensitive LE owners. I don’t know who starts this s***....

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I completely agree... those guys talking s*** about the LE shouldn’t be so hard on those sensitive LE owners. I don’t know who starts this s***....
the l.e. does seem to dominate gravel roads because once you get one you don't screw with the more technical trails. At least from what I've gathered.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The posts in this thread are a perfect example of why the discussion quickly derails. Theirs nothing wrong with either machine or either drive system. Both have proven reliable, dependable and effective. The choice is do you as a driver want to be in control or do you want the machine in control in low traction situations.

The reason I believe that some LE drivers get grief is the arrogant, condescending attitude towards folks the don’t embrace the i4wd system. Similar to BMW owners, that have that “my s***s better than your s***” attitude. Some folks just simply prefer a less complex system in a sxs . Some folks Just simply prefer to be able to shift into diff lock manually. And some folks simply like like the i4wd system . Choice is a good thing.

For me, I don’t think the i4wd is worth the additional cost. But that’s just me.
I never got to drive an LE, no one will let me near there's, wonder why? So I know nothing about them. Other than what I've read. I think it would be neat to be able to shift on the fly from turf mode to any of the selections on the Deluxe and I guess the LE's do that in a different way.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yea but I still have a BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a true story, went to the Chiropractor a few years ago, the lady that started me with a massage, she was Hispanic, introduced her self as BMW, I just looked at her puzzled, she said it stood for Big Mexican Woman and she was big and Hispanic! I LMAO! When I saw your post, I LMAO! And thought he doesn't have BMW! HA!

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Besides CP I'm sure all of you guys out there drive a standard transmission with a clutch pedal. I'm sure those new fancy automatic transmissions are not worth a darn

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Besides CP I'm sure all of you guys out there drive a standard transmission with a clutch pedal. I'm sure those new fancy automatic transmissions are not worth a darn
Thanks for leaving me out of that one. Yes very happy both our camp rigs are now manual, almost like I did that on purpose :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There not, you ought to try to talk on the phone while shifting! HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!