Dirt bikes.

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a 72! But Kawasaki. A Local Dorky Dr. had it since new sitting in his garage. Just under 1000 miles on it! He got transferred to China and told me $300.. haha i couldn't resist.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got my little man out last night for the first time, with my Daughter and wife. Man am I tired from running along side him. But he done good, and my daughter found 3rd gear:eek:
I'm passing on the Legacy as it was passed to me at and early age. Can't express how important it is to a young boy or girl,to get them into the sport of riding.Even if it's just around the back yard.I think I was more excited to be there then they were...:)

IMG 4373 IMG 4375 IMG 4376

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Got my little man out last night for the first time, with my Daughter and wife. Man am I tired from running along side him. But he done good, and my daughter found 3rd gear:eek:
I'm passing on the Legacy as it was passed to me at and early age. Can't express how important it is to a young boy or girl,to get them into the sport of riding.Even if it's just around the back yard.I think I was more excited to be there then they were...:)

View attachment 74942 View attachment 74943 View attachment 74944
thats so awesome i love it

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4

You the man!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We had a moped that barely ran for a couple of years growing up. Had a 200 3 three wheeler for a year or two when I was 16-ish. I bought a brand new TRX250EX when I turned 18. I've always had a quad or two since (400EX). I bought my son a new JR50 (training wheels and no shifting) when he was 2. He rode it around forever. 2016 finally upgraded him to a new CRF110F. He is still on it. Debating getting a CRF150 for him & CRF250L for me or just switching him to a TRX250X in the next year or so. I've never owned a dirt bike, but wouldn't mind one at all. I have a Ninja 650R (Honda made nothing remotely similar at the time) that I've had over a decade now. It is about time to get a new set of wheels for me. lol

My retirement plan: I just need a garage with a full bathroom and a cot and enough money for food, gas, and spare parts! For some reason my wife demands we waste money on a house too though. With the P500 I bought for her, I'm slowly bringing her into the light. :)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

That’s awesome! Gives a kid pride and respect at the same time. Always great to hear. Nice job

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 4833
Found a couple more old first dirt bikes of mine. Here's me and my brothers 1985 kx 80s His swing arm was extended for drag racing dirt.
IMG 4834
1980 Xr 80
IMG 4835
Here you go. How many of you old timers had one of these gems. 1960 YDS
My mom and my step dad had a sick sense of Humor. When it would snow they would let us ride in yard and laugh. My bro had a z50. We would fall down all over the place

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
View attachment 81202 Found a couple more old first dirt bikes of mine. Here's me and my brothers 1985 kx 80s His swing arm was extended for drag racing dirt.
View attachment 81203 1980 Xr 80View attachment 81204 Here you go. How many of you old timers had one of these gems. 1960 YDS
My mom and my step dad had a sick sense of Humor. When it would snow they would let us ride in yard and laugh. My bro had a z50. We would fall down all over the place
that is crazy awesome

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I used to ride & race... a lot. The wife too, hillclimbs, hare scrambles, enduros, ice, trials, motocross....you name it, we've done it. Unfortunately, Memorial Day weekend 1999 I crashed hard in a motocross race on a YZ400f, hit a double too fast and cleared the landing, came down so hard it bottomed the suspension and broke both ankles & my left leg. 9 surgeries over the next 4 months, 6 months in a wheel chair & 11 months off work. We had 18 different bikes between us at the time. Slowly sold them off to pay the bills. Haven't raced since. Ankles/leg are screwed together with titanium. I've had a few bikes since off & on but just can't get into it again.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I used to ride & race... a lot. The wife too, hillclimbs, hare scrambles, enduros, ice, trials, motocross....you name it, we've done it. Unfortunately, Memorial Day weekend 1999 I crashed hard in a motocross race on a YZ400f, hit a double too fast and cleared the landing, came down so hard it bottomed the suspension and broke both ankles & my left leg. 9 surgeries over the next 4 months, 6 months in a wheel chair & 11 months off work. We had 18 different bikes between us at the time. Slowly sold them off to pay the bills. Haven't raced since. Ankles/leg are screwed together with titanium. I've had a few bikes since off & on but just can't get into it again.
damn thats crazy

Reactions: Miss_Oak
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm sorry to hear that stuff. After all that I don't blame you. I quit in 08 on a 99 yzf400. I loved that bike.Last year I bought a 09 crf450r and been practicing.I raced 2 weekends ago the vet B and plus 45. I got second in both but I got my trophies and I'm done. My wife cried she was so scared.
I guess guys I hear like you have me scared. And when your scared you get injured.For me it's time to quit.At least racing that is....

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I'm sorry to hear that stuff. After all that I don't blame you. I quit in 08 on a 99 yzf400. I loved that bike.Last year I bought a 09 crf450r and been practicing.I raced 2 weekends ago the vet B and plus 45. I got second in both but I got my trophies and I'm done. My wife cried she was so scared.
I guess guys I hear like you have me scared. And when your scared you get injured.For me it's time to quit.At least racing that is....
i love it but i cant risk getting hurt so its all my 250 dual sport and slow to spirited riding for me on 2 wheels

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It's a very humbling experience, my wife....my angel.... says it changed me for the better, I became much more passive, easy going. It was far from a "near death experience" but close enough to a major life changing event. She was a real trooper though it all.

J

JTW

It's a very humbling experience, my wife....my angel.... says it changed me for the better, I became much more passive, easy going. It was far from a "near death experience" but close enough to a major life changing event. She was a real trooper though it all.
f***... don’t tell my wife that. She’ll be cutting my brake lines!

J

JTW

I'll tell you exactly how much luck we've had with the 230. My boy who can outride anyone I know in the woods STILL does it on a 230. He's 6ft3 185 and doesn't f*** around.
Here's my daughters 110 then my 250x that's all bored out with very heavy mods (450 killer in the woods) then his 230. It sits taller then mine lol and he crushes me. But...look closely at his. Front upside down forks rear swing arm motor work it's bad ass!
He's damn fun to ride with in the woods but being 18 and starting at 3 he's tough for the old man (43 now lol) to stay up with
View attachment 38152 View attachment 38153 View attachment 38154

I'll say yami does a good bike and all the jap bikes are very close but for dependability we fully rely on the CRF. Over and over they've been there. Just don't leave us stranded. For an occasional rider that really keeps stuff up I suppose anything would be fine but look at how ours are kept during the winter and realize in a month all will fire and be ready to go. It's hard to not brag about them lol

Well I figured if a crf230 can hold up to you then it was the bike for me! Ps.. thanks for the suggestion!

J

JTW

So we ended up going with the kawi klx140l. The crf230 was way to big for her. The 150 was close, but 2" higher seat and 30lbs heavier, with older older steel swing arm and rear drum brakes. It just worked better for her to lug around the woods. Hope it will hold up.014d27733a69875b2783025be6b263d9

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
This is actually the bike that made me grin. My best friends brother bought one about a week ago and I rode it around his yard. That’s how it’s all started for us!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!