P1000 DIY Skid Plate Template

Laxman01883

Laxman01883

Apr 12, 2023
Washington, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any chance you can save this as .eps or .ai file? My wife has an industrial vinyl plotter and I can have her print it out as a giant label. stick it on and cut it out. Her design software prefers .eps files.

Reactions: Smitty335
P

pioneerdoob

Feb 24, 2017
missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any chance you can save this as .eps or .ai file? My wife has an industrial vinyl plotter and I can have her print it out as a giant label. stick it on and cut it out. Her design software prefers .eps files.
looks like there are several online file converters that will convert .pdf to .eps

dane william

dane william

Supporting Member
Aug 31, 2021
P0A 1C0
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Can I please get a copy of the file as well ? Thank you in advance folks!!

nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
That file looks awesome! Now I just need to get a version of it that would fit the 1000-6, lol.

Good job @CTDpower

*found a parts diagram on partszilla. It seems the part #for the front skid is the same on the p1000-6 as it is on the p1k5.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
K

Kbuc

Aug 17, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here’s some photos of the changes I made to the template for my ‘23 P1k5. The changes/mods I made were mostly creating slightly lesser coverage for multiple reasons. I didn’t want to cut the factory fender wells to allow the skid plate to lay flat, plus I wasn’t 100% sure I could bend the skid plate evenly on both sides and make it look good. Also, the places I ride are mostly forest roads for hunting.
On the main skid plate, I chose not to bend the plate near the wheel well. I did notice that the skid plate would slide under the fender well plastic with some mods.
IMG 1726

on the right of the photo, you can see how the main skid plate slides between the frame and wheel well plastic. The notch you see is a screw up. I should have cut that at an angle and it would have never been seen.
IMG 1703

On the inside of the fender well there is a “tab” for support that will keep the plate from sliding in. I used the jig saw to make a notch so it would slide in deeper. Only one notch is needed. I measured wrong.

IMG 1716

On the side skid plates, I again chose not to bend the UHMW. For me, it looked like the plates would sit more flush if I stayed with the original plate dimensions. Here is a photo with some dimensions written. The rest are just traces from the original plate.

IMG 1718

In order to get the side plate to slide under/above the main skid plate, I used the router to decrease the thickness where a frame bracket is located. In the first photo, you can see the bracket.
I also made some drain holes in the side plates, since it looked like I was creating some areas to trap water. I just used the same hole saw that I used for the mounting holes.

Hope this helps a little for those that like to do their own fabrication. Here is a list of items I needed. Total cost was 1/3rd the price of buying the one I wanted.

UHMW- 4x10 sheet ( you can get away with a 4x8. That is the length they had)
M6-1.0x25 bolts to replace original skid plate bolts
two extra cup washers for skid plate.
M10-1.25x25 flanged bolts and fender washers for front of skid plate.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!