P1000 Do I need a frame stiffener?

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lame factory mounts and lame brace kit.

It's like you bought the SXS from Sears.

we don't disagree -
that said, i'm very open to suggestions on how to strengthen the a arm tabs and frame
recently experienced of the tabs from the frame after a very minor collision w/ a stump. torn frame as well.
i'd like to mitigate risk of ever having this most unpleasant experience or at least reduce the chance of tearing the frame.
happy to replace a arms and tie rods, frames, not so much.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
we don't disagree -
that said, i'm very open to suggestions on how to strengthen the a arm tabs and frame
recently experienced of the tabs from the frame after a very minor collision w/ a stump. torn frame as well.
i'd like to mitigate risk of ever having this most unpleasant experience or at least reduce the chance of tearing the frame.
happy to replace a arms and tie rods, frames, not so much.
I only mock to nudge Honda to do better.

Humiliation seems to be the only thing that motivates them.

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
strengthen the frame/manage the heat/decrease the gear whine.

my top three issues keeping this from being hands down the best machine in all categories...

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
strengthen the frame/manage the heat/decrease the gear whine.

my top three issues keeping this from being hands down the best machine in all categories...
Don't forget about ergonomics. The seats and pedals are so antiquated.

I like the engine, transmission and construction of the bed and body (not the frame). The rest needs improvement.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I only mock to nudge Honda to do better.

Humiliation seems to be the only thing that motivates them.

Don't forget about ergonomics. The seats and pedals are so antiquated.

I like the engine, transmission and construction of the bed and body (not the frame). The rest needs improvement.
I'm sure Honda take your concerns very seriously 🤔

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
They might if enough people buy a Yamaha instead.

I would suggest any potential Honda buyers, check out the much better quality Yamaha.
I did, took @Jombeh Rmax for a ride, it's nice and was on my short list for a Donkey replacement but I like the ability to shift and cruise at a lower rpm, no more CVT's for me, good thing we have choices ;)

advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They might if enough people buy a Yamaha instead.

I would suggest any potential Honda buyers, check out the much better quality Yamaha.

I rode in my neighbors new Yamaha before buying my P1K. It has some nice appointments, a nicer interior IMO, but I sure wasn't impressed by the ride or the lack of engine braking. Behind him on a ride, he was on the brakes on downhills when I could use engine braking. The CVT is definitely a deal breaker.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I rode in my neighbors new Yamaha before buying my P1K. It has some nice appointments, a nicer interior IMO, but I sure wasn't impressed by the ride or the lack of engine braking. Behind him on a ride, he was on the brakes on downhills when I could use engine braking. The CVT is definitely a deal breaker.
So you get a frame made of sheet metal and a crooked muffler, what a deal.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
From what? The sound of Honda owners crying about their cheap bent frames?
Deaf from the million revs you have to hit before you can ride faster then I can run (and I'm still crippled) and the walk.......well, that seems to be contagious with most Yamaflaw owners 🤷‍♂️ something about drinking too many white claws and shopping for Crocs 🙄🌈🐊

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Deaf from the million revs you have to hit before you can ride faster then I can run (and I'm still crippled) and the walk.......well, that seems to be contagious with most Yamaflaw owners 🤷‍♂️ something about drinking too many white claws and shopping for Crocs 🙄🌈🐊
I have heard from multiple people that Crocs are extremely comfortable and attract women.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have heard from multiple people that Crocs are extremely comfortable and attract women.
The type of "women" Crocs and Yamaflaws attract.....😬

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!