P1000 Do I need a frame stiffener?

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What’s the deal with these? 2021 1000 stock suspension and no plow…..do I need one? What makes having one a good idea?

Reactions: Lady01 and SuperATV
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Probably....if you do much hard riding, rocks, mud, bigger tires...full send into tree stumps. Its better to do it now, than try to do it after you get some damage...and the frame tabs are already tweaked.

Not an absolute requirement if you're just a cruiser, but definitely a good idea for preventative insurance.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree. May not need it but once the machine gets bunged up is not the time to buy it. IMO if you’re already asking then you might just do it.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ain’t never heard of a frame stiffener. I would think this would make it prone to breakage, but what do I know?

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Probably....if you do much hard riding, rocks, mud, bigger tires...full send into tree stumps. Its better to do it now, than try to do it after you get some damage...and the frame tabs are already tweaked.

Not an absolute requirement if you're just a cruiser, but definitely a good idea for preventative insurance.

I'm patiently waiting on the next 50% off sale....

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So I ordered the stiffener brackets for each side of the upper a-arms from a Facebook member that makes them but have not ordered the big bottom stiffener because I am not sure it will fit with the aluminum skid plate. does anyone know if it will?

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I ordered the stiffener brackets for each side of the upper a-arms from a Facebook member that makes them but have not ordered the big bottom stiffener because I am not sure it will fit with the aluminum skid plate. does anyone know if it will?
Hard to say, i cut that part off as the frame stiffener is way more heavy duty then the skid and provides full protection of the bottom of the frame area in the front, it’s your machine but I personally wanted the extra piece of mind the frame stiffener adds vs being worried about trimming a skid plate.

If you look at my build you’ll see a few pics of where i cut my skid plate and what the stiffener looks like installed.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you post a picture of the brackets or a link? (I try to avoid Faceplant but will go there if I have to).

Reactions: Farmer and SuperATV
Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can you post a picture of the brackets or a link? (I try to avoid Faceplant but will go there if I have to).
They are in route as we speak. I dont believe they have a website man…..didn’t know they were on eBay. Once I get them I will share some pics.

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hard to say, i cut that part off as the frame stiffener is way more heavy duty then the skid and provides full protection of the bottom of the frame area in the front, it’s your machine but I personally wanted the extra piece of mind the frame stiffener adds vs being worried about trimming a skid plate.

If you look at my build you’ll see a few pics of where i cut my skid plate and what the stiffener looks like installed.
Yeah you cut the plastic one which is wayyyyy easier then doing the aluminum one. Not excited about cutting mine that cost almost a grand.

Reactions: toddvdh
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are in route as we speak. I dont believe they have a website man…..didn’t know they were on eBay. Once I get them I will share some pics.
Or the link to the eBay page would be good . . . I searched, but couldn't find it ( I may not have used the right verbiage ).

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Yeah you cut the plastic one which is wayyyyy easier then doing the aluminum one. Not excited about cutting mine that cost almost a grand.
Any pics of that front skid piece? I'm not familiar with any of the aluminum aftermarket skids out there. I'd need to take a look. If not, it could easily be modified, but you may have to chop of some of the aluminum skid. We won't know for sure till we see it.

Here's a link to the frame stiffener instructions so you can get a better look at the installation, and the area covered.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!