P1000 Do I need a frame stiffener?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have heard from multiple people that Crocs are extremely comfortable and attract women.

So, not meaning to be rude, so please forgive me, but you spend a fair amount of time here and often bad mouth Honda sxs's. Is this indicative of some sort of troll-like character flaw? At the least it seems akin to attending someone's wedding reception uninvited, then making rude remarks about the bride. Best wear a helmet as you'd likely be shown the door at high speed and headfirst. No offense, just curious.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So, not meaning to be rude, so please forgive me, but you spend a fair amount of time here and often bad mouth Honda sxs's. Is this indicative of some sort of troll-like character flaw? At the least it seems akin to attending someone's wedding reception uninvited, then making rude remarks about the bride. Best wear a helmet as you'd likely be shown the door at high speed and headfirst. No offense, just curious.
My comments start out constructive (usually) then the Honda fanbois get their panties in a bunch, then it's all fun from there.

No offense taken.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
There used to be a time when Honda products were generally more expensive, but always better quality than the competition by far.

But modern American Honda has realized that North Americans will by a lesser quality product for a lower price. I think they realized this in the late 90's. Sears was absolutely handing Honda their hat with $700 lawn tractors and $250 lawnmowers. They were out selling Honda 10 to 1.

So, in American Honda's infinite wisdom, Honda started lowering quality for the North American market.

I prefer the days when Honda quality was the indisputable champion. When yeah, was more expensive and better quality.

So when I see cheesy mounts for the a arm on the PIoneer, I get pissed off that Honda has taken this direction. And the only thing that will bring the Honda Honda quality back is when North Americans start buying another brand.

So, keep buying those JAH's and Honda will never build you a better one.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There used to be a time when Honda products were generally more expensive, but always better quality than the competition by far.

But modern American Honda has realized that North Americans will by a lesser quality product for a lower price. I think they realized this in the late 90's. Sears was absolutely handing Honda their hat with $700 lawn tractors and $250 lawnmowers. They were out selling Honda 10 to 1.

So, in American Honda's infinite wisdom, Honda started lowering quality for the North American market.

I prefer the days when Honda quality was the indisputable champion. When yeah, was more expensive and better quality.

So when I see cheesy mounts for the a arm on the PIoneer, I get pissed off that Honda has taken this direction. And the only thing that will bring the Honda Honda quality back is when North Americans start buying another brand.

So, keep buying those JAH's and Honda will never build you a better one.
Sad to say, but there is some truth to this. I'm still a big fan of Honda products and "either have owned or currently own" but I believe to some degree their long reputation of building indestructible power products is slipping a bit.
I can remember my Trail 90 days as a kid just beating the $hit out of an already used bike and it held together through all the abuse.

advertisement
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sad to say, but there is some truth to this. I'm still a big fan of Honda products and "either have owned or currently own" but I believe to some degree their long reputation of building indestructible power products is slipping a bit.
I can remember my Trail 90 days as a kid just beating the $hit out of an already used bike and it held together through all the abuse.
The things they sell globally are usually better quality and usually built by Honda Japan.

I had a 2012 Honda Fit that was everything Honda used to be. That car was sold worldwide and was built in Japan.

In 2013 they moved production to North America, Mexico to be exact and along with the production move came the poor quality. The difference was night and day.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
The nerve!!!!!!........🤔 what does that make the sell outs who still linger on the daily?.....😬😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ain't nobody got time for no damn Yamaflaw fan club!!!😂
Everyone is a Yamaha fan. We don’t need no stinking club. As for sticking around consider it pure luck 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
The things they sell globally are usually better quality and usually built by Honda Japan.

I had a 2012 Honda Fit that was everything Honda used to be. That car was sold worldwide and was built in Japan.
That was one ugly gay ass car. I hate to attack a fellow Yamaha owner. Maybe you got it for free or were identifying as a woman 🤣🤣🤣

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That was one ugly gay ass car. I hate to attack a fellow Yamaha owner. Maybe you got it for free or were identifying as a woman 🤣🤣🤣
That was the best car I ever owned. Drove like a go cart on steroids and not a single problem ever. It was primarily my commuter pod. 70 miles each way into Hackensack NJ.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
That was the best car I ever owned. Drove like a go cart on steroids and not a single problem ever. It was primarily my commuter pod. 70 miles each way into Hackensack NJ.
It didn’t rattle , run hot , give you swamp ass , power steering issues, poor suspension, Soviet interior ?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It didn’t rattle , run hot , give you swamp ass , power steering issues, poor suspension, Soviet interior ?
No, and monkey liked it

467168 3430376792507 158075053 o

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still have a Honda car I bought new in 2002. It's never had a single problem:

Z90IoWD

You wanna talk go-kart for the road, this thing is amazing. 50-50 weight distribution, 9,000 rpm redline!

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I still have a Honda car I bought new in 2002. It's never had a single problem:

View attachment 402549

You wanna talk go-kart for the road, this thing is amazing. 50-50 weight distribution, 9,000 rpm redline!
The S2000 were awesome and of course built in Japan for world wide distribution.

Unfortunately, we Americans will never see a Honda car like that again here in the states.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!