Resource icon

Dual Battery Install with TRUE Isolator

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
It was recommended to me by some of these great people on this forum to add a fuse box when I did my dual battery set up back in october, Definetly highly recommend it!. It makes it so much easier to change a fuse or add accessories later on. If your out on the trail covered in dust and dirt and mud ect, popping off the hood and changing a fuse or having to trouble shoot will be so much easier and faster. Again thank you to the awesome folks on the best forum ever!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It was recommended to me by some of these great people on this forum to add a fuse box when I did my dual battery set up back in october, Definetly highly recommend it!. It makes it so much easier to change a fuse or add accessories later on. If your out on the trail covered in dust and dirt and mud ect, popping off the hood and changing a fuse or having to trouble shoot will be so much easier and faster. Again thank you to the awesome folks on the best forum ever!!
Totally agree!

Reactions: BWAF and Sheepdog
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Exactly a given. It’s the cleanest most organized and easiest way to maintain an electrical system...

Reactions: Sheepdog and BWAF
Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
I also think inline fuses would be a PITA. Plus, I've had them break and deteriorate... or maybe they deteriorate and break. o_O
I put a rather large fuse block in my SXS but the cool thing about these Blue Sea boxes is how modular they are. If the need arises, you can easily change around circuits. I happen to buy 2 of these when I wired my sand rail, so it only made sense to use it.
I still have some wire clean up to do, wire loom, etc. But I literally just got it wired.

1K5LE

1K5LE

Oct 19, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the great points! I agree that the blue sea is easier to deal with. I've used it in other projects. In fact, I already purchased it for the pioneer.

The only reason I was considering going without it was the LED cubes and radio already have in-lines installed from the factory. The only acc that I need to add a fuse is the interior lights and future fan if I installed it. My in-lines would all be at the same area behind my switch panel. Not bad for me to figure out, to the guy who may own it in the future, sorry! Hmmm... still thinking...

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: ehart814
R

Ragec

Aug 29, 2019
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is everyone running a ture battery isolator . And the stinger solenoid? I cant wrap my head around the need for both? Any opinions? Thanks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Is everyone running a ture battery isolator . And the stinger solenoid? I cant wrap my head around the need for both? Any opinions? Thanks
For most. The stinger controls the accessories fuse block. This allowes you to have key-off use.

I think you are mentioning it connected between the batteries. That has its benefits too but for most are not needed.

Joey uses it for when winching. Says it provides a extra umph for hard pulls.

And. If your primary battery dies. You have to manually connect them to send power back. A stinger on a switch would do this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: RedorDead
R

Ragec

Aug 29, 2019
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For most. The stinger controls the accessories fuse block. This allowes you to have key-off use.

I think you are mentioning it connected between the batteries. That has its benefits too but for most are not needed.

Joey uses it for when winching. Says it provides a extra umph for hard pulls.

And. If your primary battery dies. You have to manually connect them to send power back. A stinger on a switch would do this.

I guess that's where I'm confused if you take power straight from the second battery to fuse block, wouldn't you have power till the battery dies?

Reactions: Tramguage1
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I guess that's where I'm confused if you take power straight from the second battery to fuse block, wouldn't you have power till the battery dies?
Yes. And you dont want this unless you have a full relay type system.

That's where the stinger come in to play. So when you turn the key or flip a switch it engages and powers your accessories.

R

Ragec

Aug 29, 2019
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. And you dont want this unless you have a full relay type system.

That's where the stinger come in to play. So when you turn the key or flip a switch it engages and powers your accessories.

Sorry I'm dumb on this lol how do you know if I have a full relay system?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.
You would (or should) know. What did you order?

We can help with basic help. But it becomes confusing for most.
I highley recomend paying (or finding) someone to help you.

R

Ragec

Aug 29, 2019
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol.
You would (or should) know. What did you order?

We can help with basic help. But it becomes confusing for most.
I highley recomend paying (or finding) someone to help you.

It's the true iso 18. With the read out volt meter a pc925 battery and a blue sea 6 cic block.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!