J

jshambles

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all,
I am developing a custom display/controller to use on my P1k5. I would like the ability to read some of the data from the ECU, and display it on the screen.
It appears that the OEM vehicle display is receiving this type of data via a serial communication line.

Would anyone happen to know what protocol is being used, or how I could "tap into" the serial bus to listen for data?

Thanks!

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all,
I am developing a custom display/controller to use on my P1k5. I would like the ability to read some of the data from the ECU, and display it on the screen.
It appears that the OEM vehicle display is receiving this type of data via a serial communication line.

Would anyone happen to know what protocol is being used, or how I could "tap into" the serial bus to listen for data?

Thanks!
A PV3 tuner plugs right in, you can also see it live with a Laptop plugged into it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Herbie

Herbie

Jul 26, 2019
Richmond, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any luck on communicating with CAN bus? I am looking to do the same thing, probably using an Arduino microcomputer.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Any luck on communicating with CAN bus? I am looking to do the same thing, probably using an Arduino microcomputer.
The OP hasnt been on here since Sept of 21’ better off PMing him and he MIGHT get an email to get back with you

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!