BOX1

P700 EPS recall done + fuel pump. Now it dies when driving.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Still battling with our vehicles in Australia where it gets fkknn hot.

Honda look like they have a solution. Going to test it out once we get time. Here it is attached.

View attachment 359630
That looks like pretty much what I did to mine, in addition to re-crimping the grounds.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is there a tech bulletin # with this fix or is it not official?
Sounds like something dealers in Australia came up with. Don't think it's anything official. I did it on my own due to the fact that this seems very much like a ground issue with a possible bad crimp or something.

And since you brought it up, still had no issues since redoing the grounds.

Last edited:
B

beefcake

Sep 27, 2021
st albert
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2020 pioneer 700,just stalls on me.Seems when its warm is the trigger.Fuel pump has been replaced,cam and top end replaced on and on ...dealer cant find anything wrong.This has been going on for too long and expensive.Need help.

B

beefcake

Sep 27, 2021
st albert
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have had three cases with honda so far.
The dealership keeps closing them.
"Unable to duplicate"
"Replaced battery"
"Found water in fuel"
"Found loose ground"
"Found corrosion on ground"
"Serviced machine"

Dealership told me the same thing.
Basically, don't bring it back unless you can duplicate the issue.
Im in the same boat boat as you guys. Just like Trevors vid.Only been out of the shop 2 wks.Missed hunting season last yr .,calving season .Daughter is taking next 2 days off school hunting.Looks like were taking the toyota again kid .Like buying a bull with a broken dick.

B

beefcake

Sep 27, 2021
st albert
Ownership

1. 700-2
Its been -30 c daytime temps for well over a week,leave outside for 15 mins let it cool off from woodstove heated garage and runs like it should.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
C

CBSmith

Apr 30, 2021
oklahoma city
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have had the same issue that slackjaw and dg rider have described and I have followed this thread almost since the beginning. I really appreciate the effort put forth by these guys trying to figure it out. Initially I cleaned up the ground connection and the problem went away for months but eventually returned. By running the parallel ground wires as indicated in robotorx post it seems to have eliminated the problem. Has not re-occurred since doing that. I strongly suggest anyone having this issue to run the parallel ground wires.

F

Flyingzook

Jul 10, 2019
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi all, just an update that our buggy is still running like a charm. Even over summer. So in our case at least the few extra earths from the ECU to ground have stopped the fault.

Our buggy through a proper wobbly on a ride a while back. It started as dropping out every time it changed gears, so went to manual mode but after a while it wouldn’t even stay running in neutral. Had to tow it home with a Ute. Booked into our dealer and just got it back yesterday. The dealer did admit that like AUSXS said a few dealerships and Honda Australia are aware of the issue but no 100% known fix. They did a complete wiring harness replacement and put a few extra earths. We will just have to see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I didn’t get too many miles in last year after picking up my machine, and we are seeing lots of runoff and flooding in my riding areas now, so it may be a while until I get mine out this year. But, the times i did ride last year, it ran flawless.

M

Mad Mardigan

Jul 16, 2021
Athabasca
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good day everyone!
Has anybody tried running a ground wire, from the negative battery post, to the ground cluster by the right rear tire?
I am trying to find out if it is repeatable.
I have the same issue and it would just die.
I ran that cable and I have been running it, off and on, for the last 2 days with no shut downs.
Thank you in advance!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Another person on a FB group seems to be having this issue. Sent them the link.

Mine hasn't done it since the recrimp ground addition. Probably a year...but I'm not doing as many miles as I once was.

@Slackjaw you still have yours?

F

Flyingzook

Jul 10, 2019
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi all, our buggy is still running fine without a hiccup for months now for 2000ish Km’s. Was talking to the mechanic at the dealership and he said he has done 15-20 Pioneer 700’s with the same repair. They replace the wiring harness and run extra grounds from the ECU to frame. He said that Honda is now making the changes before they send them out. Didn’t ask if it is Australian Honda only or the extra wires were put in when building the buggy in the US.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!