P1000m5 Extended warranty?

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Need input - opinions !

Should I buy the extended warranty on my new P1k5D or just roll the dice ?
I know it's a first year production machine and all but is yalls input. MP

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Need input - opinions !

Should I buy the extended warranty on my new P1k5D or just roll the dice ?
I know it's a first year production machine and all but is yalls input. MP

Says suggested MSRP is $620 for an additional 36 months or 48 total protection.

ATVs and Offroad Motorcycles Protection Plan - Honda Powersports

Given that you can likely buy that coverage for a bit cheaper than the MSRP it could be some affordable insurance. While I am comfortable Honda has done their best to deliver a tested reliable machine if one did get into a situation that ended up tweaking that DCT the extended coverage would be cheap compared to the repair bill. I would base it off your past experiences with Hondas, if they have all been bulletproof with only minor issues in the past save the coin for routine maintenance and accessories, if you have and prior issues may be the right thing for you. It's always a gamble with insurance & protection plans but personally I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I agree 100% on having it and not needing it VS needing it and NOT having it. I'm getting it for 650 bucks so I'm 99.9% sure I'm gonna get it. Mainly cause it's a 1st year machine and I usually don't buy anything the 1st year out so here we Geaux. !

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Seems to be a overwhelming consensus to buy the extended warranty

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It seems like the most important of all accessories. Not only the very first year of the model, but one of the very first machines being delivered. Spending 20 grand with a one year warranty is too short. Now I will have a 4 year warranty. My Honda experience has been outstanding, but it is still good money spent.

Reactions: TOOLOUD
A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
When I found out the 1000 was coming out I immediately put my Pioneer 700-4 up for sale. There were 2 other 700-4 for sale besides mine that had less hours. However, mine had 2.5 years left on an extended warranty that I purchased and it was completely transferable. The others did not. I ended up selling mine for full price in less than 1 week and the guy told me the warranty was the main reason he bought from me. Now I have my 1000-5 coming in on Monday (I hope) and I will certainly be getting a warranty again. Just something to think about...

Reactions: TOOLOUD and Buryit
S

SHAWNSHONDA

Jun 23, 2015
Scott,La
Tooloud I pickup my P1000 today 895.00 for. Extended warranty I'll get it being its the first year of production and hopefully never have to use. Its a gamble ether way.

Reactions: TOOLOUD
advertisement
TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Tooloud I pickup my P1000 today 895.00 for. Extended warranty I'll get it being its the first year of production and hopefully never have to use. Its a gamble ether way.

Good deal ! There also seems to be different prices on the warranty. I was quoted 900 bucks too but then I said Alexa mentioned it should cost between 620-700bucks. Then the finance lady went ok how about 650 .... I said Sold! Come on Tuesday !

Reactions: Alexa and Hondasxs
Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
I'm glad those numbers are posted now. If they try to mark you up, tell them no thanks, do better, cause even at $620 the dealership is still making money. I would HIGHLY suggest purchasing it. If you have any repairs, labor alone could run you the cost of your warranty, so buy it and save on labor and parts! It should only make your payment go up about $7 a month!

S

SHAWNSHONDA

Jun 23, 2015
Scott,La
Thanks Alexa
That's good to know when I go back to get a roof I'll let them know and renegotiate the price.

Reactions: Alexa
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good deal ! There also seems to be different prices on the warranty. I was quoted 900 bucks too but then I said Alexa mentioned it should cost between 620-700bucks. Then the finance lady went ok how about 650 .... I said Sold! Come on Tuesday !

Don't get robbed for $700-$900 on the Honda Extended Warranty it is only $620 MSRP - You can probably can get it for less:

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't get robbed for $700-$900 on the Honda Extended Warranty it is only $620 MSRP - You can probably can get it for less:

I paid $620. Just saying. If it matters, I paid sticker for my machine and exactly what is stated for destination. I got the best rate Honda offered for loan at 36 months and if anyone does better great, although I don't expect that will be the case.

Reactions: Alexa
dustcole9

dustcole9

Mar 29, 2015
Thanks all, for the warranty advise. I picked up my 1000-5 Deluxe last Friday. Didn't buy the extended warranty, but may reconsider now.

jacksl

jacksl

Oct 2, 2014
Here is my extended warranty thoughts. You can purchase it anytime before you factory warranty expires. I see how the machine holds up for the first year. If no issues then I won't likely purchase the extended warranty. If I have to take it in a few times, especially for major/high cost repairs, then I'll likely purchase the extended warranty. It has worked out so far for the last few toys I've purchased. **Note I've never owned and will never own a Polaris.

Reactions: Hondaworkforce
hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
I do own now and have owned several Polaris vehicles since 1996. I did use the base warranty one time and it didn't cost me a dime.
But I have never had an extended warranty and I have never needed one.

I think jacksl's ^^^ advice is good. It kind of amazes me about all of the extended warranty talk on a HONDA forum. I thought these things never tore up.

jacksl

jacksl

Oct 2, 2014
Have a friend with a carb 400 ranger. 3 months factory warranty. At month 4 and about 40hrs. Had a ring failure. Polaris would do nothing as warranty had expired by one month. All the cost for rebuild was his to eat. Also the environment I use my machines in in not ideal for belt drive. Belts, clutches/spings, etc will wear out eventually. As will all things I guess.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!