Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Damnit, me and that damn salesman boxing back and forth with him running back to the manager and back, then back to the manager again and back with that bulls***, well, what will it take to earn your business tonight, blah blah blah. I hate, no HATE, buying big ticket items. It’s over, feel a little beat up, but looking at him, he’s got a black eye and a bruised rib too. :D:D

Reactions: Mudwing
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
since we got so off topic here and the op bought a GM I figured this was appropriate. Well kind of lol.
Here ya go @snuffnwhisky

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Damnit, me and that damn salesman boxing back and forth with him running back to the manager and back, then back to the manager again and back with that bulls***, well, what will it take to earn your business tonight, blah blah blah. I hate, no HATE, buying big ticket items. It’s over, feel a little beat up, but looking at him, he’s got a black eye and a bruised rib too. :D:D
Pics of new ride!

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They just want you to THINK you got the best of them ...... that is their M.O.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They just want you to THINK you got the best of them ...... that is their M.O.
Oh for certain. But I don’t, and never have. I’ve bought enough vehicles to know how this works. The best you can do is work them over until they give up. But the dealer is going to make money of course, that’s why they’re in business, and that’s legitimate. I bought a truck for 16% off MSRP and was able to get them to come up from 20K on my trade to 23.5 so with a payoff of 16K I wasn’t upside down. Relatively pleased with the outcome, just not the process that I always dread....;)

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh for certain. But I don’t, and never have. I’ve bought enough vehicles to know how this works. The best you can do is work them over until they give up. But the dealer is going to make money of course, that’s why they’re in business, and that’s legitimate. I bought a truck for 16% off MSRP and was able to get them to come up from 20K on my trade to 23.5 so with a payoff of 16K I wasn’t upside down. Relatively pleased with the outcome, just not the process that I always dread....;)
Yep, they have more ways to hide money/profit than I have ever thought of!

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Pics or it didn’t happen!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ha, it’s the loaner while they’re readying mine for delivery.......

4E3B63BF 4B6D 4D35 AE96 2DA8EDA8A4F8
Pics or it didn’t happen!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Slipped to the dark side!
The Z-71 that I traded in was my fifth. I still have my first, blackie, 1994 that I made a flatbed out of and I use it on the ranch. But I went last week and drove the GMC Denali first, just didn’t care much for the Dodge. Then I drove the Ford, the ride and comfort is just superior, IMO.

Didn’t you post that Ford and Chevy are the two best trucks made?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Z-71 that I traded in was my fifth. I still have my first, blackie, 1994 that I made a flatbed out of and I use it on the ranch. But I went last week and drove the GMC Denali first, just didn’t care much for the Dodge. Then I drove the Ford, the ride and comfort is just superior, IMO.

Didn’t you post that Ford and Chevy are the two best trucks made?
Why are they the lowest resale value and highest on the lot when new ?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!