Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you plan to actually drive the diesel Fords.....better ask if the cab has to be removed to work on the low pressure fuel pump. Ford owners I know that have had the pump fail were blown away at the $1,500 labor fee just to remove the cab....plus actual parts and labor to fix the problem. Virtual reality aside, I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Ford truck. What a nightmare!
Oh dear lord. :eek:

Reactions: Plumber32
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oh dear lord. :eek:
Monty,

Relax brother! Your driving yourself crazy with all this research. You can get good service out of any of the 3, and you can also have problems with any of the 3. If you have no preference, get the one you can get the best deal on.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Monty,

Relax brother! Your driving yourself crazy with all this research. You can get good service out of any of the 3, and you can also have problems with any of the 3. If you have no preference, get the one you can get the best deal on.
I’m getting a Model T. :D

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Fvck it, I’m buying a 1952 Duece n half.
Well, I bought a Ram because I wanted the Cummins engine and it has coil springs in rear and it road the best out of the 3. This is my first Diesel pickup and I’ve had zero issues with it. It can tow anything I want, rides good, looks good, and I can get excellent fuel mileage for a stock truck. Very happy with the purchase. This is the second Ram I’ve owned. I had a 1500 before this one, and had no issues with it either.

Good luck.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, I bought a Ram because I wanted the Cummins engine and it has coil springs in rear and it road the best out of the 3. This is my first Diesel pickup and I’ve had zero issues with it. It can tow anything I want, rides good, looks good, and I can get excellent fuel mileage for a stock truck. Very happy with the purchase. This is the second Ram I’ve owned. I had a 1500 before this one, and had no issues with it either.

Good luck.
What trim package? Laramie

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd considered finding a rare crew cab M900 series, putting 54's on it and turning it into what @CumminsPusher did with the clutch basket, but have an enclosed trailer behind for Pioneer and tools. BUT ....I don't have the time, heavy duty tools, space, or the help to do it that CP does.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Good luck.
Five years ago I would have laughed at anyone that said I would ever have another Dodge/Ram, and called them STUPID. Todays Rams are NOTHING like the old Dodge trucks. The old bodies fell apart in no time, and rode like crap. The new Rams are tight, loaded with great options and so far, waaaaaay less problems (zero) than ANY other vehicle I have EVER owned. Folks that think they are the same as the Dodge of yesteryear are as ignorant as I was about the change.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure how to interpret this picture I took this morning.

Ford fan stuck driving a lowly Chevy?

Chevy bringing up the rear?

42261265 372E 4E76 A0DD 4480F1E62E59

Reactions: joeymt33
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Five years ago I would have laughed at anyone that said I would ever have another Dodge/Ram, and called them STUPID. Todays Rams are NOTHING like the old Dodge trucks. The old bodies fell apart in no time, and rode like crap. The new Rams are tight, loaded with great options and so far, waaaaaay less problems (zero) than ANY other vehicle I have EVER owned. Folks that think they are the same as the Dodge of yesteryear are as ignorant as I was about the change.

I agree whole heartedly.

Ram has really righted the body and interior quality ship in the past few years in the areas you mentioned.

I miss my 05 Dodge CTD...drivetrain. I got tired of the crappy body and interior build quality around it. Blend doors falling off, stress risers in the body panels, rotting body components, etc.

Driven several Rams lately and would be in one if I hadn’t found my ‘16 F350 last year.

Wife’s 18 Durango is really awesome as well.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd considered finding a rare crew cab M900 series, putting 54's on it and turning it into what @CumminsPusher did with the clutch basket, but have an enclosed trailer behind for Pioneer and tools. BUT ....I don't have the time, heavy duty tools, space, or the help to do it that CP does.
Don't have the time? Reminds me of service calls I get " I just don't have the tools" you can buy a basin wrench for $20. Lol save ya $80!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!