P1000 Finally found a bumper I like... Slasher Front Bumper

S

samson7x

Dec 4, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats where I bought mine. Shipping was a little slow but I'm impatient!

Were you being fecetious? Reason being, their website says same day shipping so hopefully that's the case.

Edit - I just ordered one so we shall see...

Reactions: Tramguage1
MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Spokane Valley, Washington
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Yes, I love it. I like the bracket too. It's bigger then the one included with your winch. So, that's your choice. Just know its made for small spool and you will need to cut it out. Think I have to weld a price too. Also drill holes to center it all up best you can in both winch and bumper. It will not go perfect center but close enough you want notice it.

In say... Order it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

@Hondasxs, I have a Viper Elite Widespool winch. I don’t completely understand your mods. If I use the bracket that came with the winch, will I still need to modify the bumper? Where did you need to weld a piece? Was it on the bracket that held the fairlead?

Also, I have front turn signals that are located just below the pioneer headlight. It looks like the Slasher bumper also sits just below the headlight. Do you think the bumper will cover-up my turn signals?

20180304 173834

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Hondasxs, I have a Viper Elite Widespool winch. I don’t completely understand your mods. If I use the bracket that came with the winch, will I still need to modify the bumper? Where did you need to weld a piece? Was it on the bracket that held the fairlead?

Also, I have front turn signals that are located just below the pioneer headlight. It looks like the Slasher bumper also sits just below the headlight. Do you think the bumper will cover-up my turn signals?

View attachment 70080
Hey.
The fairlead mount was the slasher version. Slashers version has a wider plate on the front then the included winch plate. If you use the included one it should be ok other then drilling a few extra holes.

And YES it looks like it will cover up your singles.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Hey.
The fairlead mount was the slasher version. Slashers version has a wider plate on the front then the included winch plate. If you use the included one it should be ok other then drilling a few extra holes.

And YES it looks like it will cover up your singles.

Thanks for the response. I don't mind drilling a few holes, I just don't want to have to weld anything. I guess I need to decide if I should buy the optional winch bracket and modify it like you did. I have been debating between the Tough Country and the Slasher front bumper. I actually like the looks of the Slasher a little better and I liked the location of the winch as well. It looks like I will need to relocate the turn signals. I suppose I could move them to the bumper.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How about just drilling a series of holes in that lip that blocked the signals? ( Before you install bumper)Would save you having to relocate them.
Added the pods to help get plenty of light out and in Front while night riding. The small lights are some rock ites the boss requested be added if I traded up to the 1000! So she got what she requested.:D

20171124 152036

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
How about just drilling a series of holes in that lip that blocked the signals? ( Before you install bumper)Would save you having to relocate them.
Added the pods to help get plenty of light out and in Front while night riding. The small lights are some rock ites the boss requested be added if I traded up to the 1000! So she got what she requested.:D

View attachment 70224

I didn't notice there was a lip until you mentioned it. That may be an option. I guess I need to decide whether or not I will go with the Slasher or Tough Country. It looks like there is a workaround for the turn signals for the Slasher and I am leaning that direction. Thanks!

Reactions: Tramguage1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!