Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
HVAC friend made metal drip pan type insert for 3/4 inch advantech plywood box. Quick on and off. Nice spring loaded j hooks on inside found at ACE hardware.

IMG 3591 IMG 3582 IMG 3593

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
when i cruise my subdivision i use a blinking LED bike light. Attach it to the roof.

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Think about these toggle latches for box, drilled small thru bolts with teflon nuts in cargo frame for catch.

IMG 3602

Reactions: sxsinks
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Slow sign is just for my safety around the neighborhood, not street legal. Most have golf carts, P500 rules. LOL... GA.

Hey what's the advantage of the 3/4" oriented strand board over traditional plywood? Or did you just have that avantech sheet laying around? And what's the purpose of the drip pan insert?
I'm thinking of doing a similar box.
Thanx Al

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Hey what's the advantage of the 3/4" oriented strand board over traditional plywood? Or did you just have that avantech sheet laying around? And what's the purpose of the drip pan insert?
I'm thinking of doing a similar box.
Thanx Al
Advantech is the most water resistant product, do all my building with it, 500 day open exposure/rain warranty. Dense enough for screwing together without brackets or uprights in corners. Metal insert was for free and adds to durability and looks IMO. Painted with oil based gloss black for durability.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!