Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anyone gets a chance while looking at a talon id be curious to what the measured height is on the tire since they went with 28" tires and we know the 27" bighorns were short on the pioneer? Also the weight of the tire but we will probably have to wait until someone get one for that.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anyone gets a chance while looking at a talon id be curious to what the measured height is on the tire since they went with 28" tires and we know the 27" bighorns were short on the pioneer? Also the weight of the tire but we will probably have to wait until someone get one for that.
This is all I have come across so far.
Capture65

M

mcho

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2016
NW Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The guys said they ran about 100mi. I would like to know how much gas they used to ride like that, that far.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sitting in it, if you look down through the shifter you can see the ground... not very much protection down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That probably answers that question. How’d it feel inside compared to your old sport?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anything the X should have full belly protection, being it is a more "Trail" oriented machine !
They did give you the roof though.

I never ran skids on my quads, but that was a lot less weight and surface area to get potentially make contact with something. Plenty of guys did though. I have repainted the frame a time or two though.

J

JTW

Not exactly the greatest underbody protection, but appears to be sufficient and I like having the important access points for service. Also, I have zero issue with seeing through the shifter and the holes on floor. I may be wrong, but I like the idea of good drainage if needed cleaning the inside or rain. As far as A arms and rear arm protection, most manufacturers don't inclue them so they can get us to pay up. Now if mud sprays up into the cab through the shift linkage, different story. Only one reviewer (clears throat, humm, hum, lets just say not too professional and not too knowledgeable) who will not be named, mentioned some mud coming up through holes on floor. I have watched EVERY video out there.
View attachment 113229
Those don’t look bad... just have to see if they’re any count

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not exactly the greatest underbody protection, but appears to be sufficient and I like having the important access points for service. Also, I have zero issue with seeing through the shifter and the holes on floor. I may be wrong, but I like the idea of good drainage if needed cleaning the inside or rain. As far as A arms and rear arm protection, most manufacturers don't inclue them so they can get us to pay up. Now if mud sprays up into the cab through the shift linkage, different story. Only one reviewer (clears throat, humm, hum, lets just say not too professional and not too knowledgeable) who will not be named, mentioned some mud coming up through holes on floor. I have watched EVERY video out there and almost no mention of anything coming up through floor and you can see they had some wet conditions in Utah.
View attachment 113229
That looks way more stout then the pioneer. Still too many holes for my liking on sticks but looks ok for rocks and general purpose. Wonder if that’s standard or the accessory skid?

Reactions: JTW
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well they’re going to need a full skid but I suspect a 4x8 sheet of uhmw will get it done vs needing a 5x10 for the pioneer
Do they already offer it in their over priced add on bucket. I’m already gonna want the front bumper out the door but all the accessories seemed steep back when I first looked

Reactions: CumminsPusher
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol I hope nobody posts that publicly he will have to get a new number

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That was my first thought as well. Then I assumed it was a joke. I've seen the mods step up quickly and block addresses and such accidentally posted in pictures on here though. For all the grief we put on here for them to keep up with sometimes; they do a pretty great job.

Quick toast to all the mods!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!