BOX1

Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You started earlier by saying the computer kills the 4wd. That is false. The 4wd is the same. They all have the same front diff. 4wd on yours is the same as mine. It is a limited slip. Yes its 3 wheel drive, just like when you put yours in 4wd. Then you have the diff lock option and I have the computer. You could cut the computer and I still have "4wd"

In your scenario, the theory behind the i4wd is it allows for a greater amount of torque applied to the 3 wheels with traction and slowing the free wheel. Diff lock divides the torque essentially evenly to all 4. So by that theory the machine should do a better job traversing the terrain with i4wd because it is actually transferring more power to the ground than 4diff lock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Does that mean, it won't throw as much mud into the cock pit, I'm all for that!

Reactions: sharp
C

Chooglin

After watching several videos, the Talon seems to rock climb/crawl with very little effort. This just seems to be an all around great machine. I wish I could justify a $20k toy in my life right now!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Starting at the 1:50 mark. Pretty slow to engage the wheel. 1:40 mark also.

I wonder if it’s a time period or revolutions. That guy is pretty well babying up the hills. If he was on the throttle would you even be able to see it slow down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I wonder if it’s a time period or revolutions. That guy is pretty well babying up the hills. If he was on the throttle would you even be able to see it slow down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With the right front spinning in the air, both backs are spinning also. I thought it would have braked the right front a lot sooner or harder to engage the LF.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
With the right front spinning in the air, both backs are spinning also. I thought it would have braked the right front a lot sooner or harder to engage the LF.
Come on guys ! it is all gauze and ball bearings now , go get me some 3 n 1 oil and some Preston antifreeze, no wait better make that Quaker state.

J

JTW

Starting at the 1:50 mark. Pretty slow to engage the wheel. 1:40 mark also.
That’s what I’ve seen from it.. yeah yeah yeah... I know I haven’t driven one but it almost seems to chatter between engaged and not on the minimal slow crawling ive seen them do. I think it’s probably a good system for speed but I jus don’t think it works like I would want for the slow crawling.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sorry your wrong, 3 wheel drive, the rear diff is fully locked all the time. The cable activates the open front diff just like on the non i4 machines. I’m going to reserve judgment on what is better until I beat the living hell out of the Talon that I will be getting. I’m sure there are situations where either one is better than the other. I’m keeping my “16 1k deluxe (manual locker) which has already been beat hard with NO issues other than water intrusion. And for the Yami guys I owned a 2006 grizzly that was a lemon, best day of my life was trading it for the pioneer. 600 miles cost me 3 axles, a rear diff and you couldn’t ride it when it was over 70 deg without boiling the gas and vapor locking. I would go Canned Ham before Yami.
Like you said you got a lemon. Yamaha products are very very dependable products. On the Marine side see what most the rentals are. Yamahas because if they ain't running they ain't making money. Brimstone rentals are mostly if not all Yamis.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!