Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
As anyone who owns a P5 knows, the noise that comes from behind you is loud. Especially with a roof and windshield on, it just reverberates off of them. Another issue is with the heat that comes up between the seats and the seat belt latch area, just ride through a puddle with a hot engine and watch the steam roll in.
3 yrs ago when I got mine, the fix was to buy some foil backed carpet to put under the seat. It was like $38 for a 3' x 4' piece. Wasn't quite enough and didn't cover it entirely but it worked pretty good. The problem was that it was carpet in an off road machine, always wet, hard to clean and started to stink.

Had an idea to use commercial roof rubber instead, thin so it conforms but tough and doesn't break down. I've had it in for a couple of years now. It's works better than the carpet because it's heavier and I never take it out unless I need to get underneath. First time taking the seat out after a pressure wash, I found two little pockets where water had puddled, cut two little holes and it's always dry now.

Evidently this rubber is hard to find in small quantities and expensive. The cheapest I found online was $100 for a 10' x 10' sheet. Then you have to cut it which is a total PITA! I've cut 4 of them now, using each previous one as a gauge and it still sucks trying to get it perfect. Too many contours for it to lay perfectly flat but it's sealed up good.
I think I have a good enough pattern now and enough rubber to make a batch of these for sale if anyone is interested? It would be $70 shipped.
Here's what you'd be getting, less some of the cuts for snorkel and wiring...

Rubber No Seats 2
Rubber No Seats
Rubber Installed
Rubber At Rack

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Are you using a razor knife to trim? Specialty jig saw blade?

Yeah, utility knife for the straight cuts and scissors for curved cuts. It shouldn't be so bad now that I have a decent pattern to use. I just hope they lay in others machines the way it does in mine. Once it's put in and you run a while, it just kinda settles into a happy place. I test drove one last year that didn't have any barrier in it and couldn't believe how loud it was. This thing definitely makes a difference.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, utility knife for the straight cuts and scissors for curved cuts. It shouldn't be so bad now that I have a decent pattern to use. I just hope they lay in others machines the way it does in mine. Once it's put in and you run a while, it just kinda settles into a happy place. I test drove one last year that didn't have any barrier in it and couldn't believe how loud it was. This thing definitely makes a difference.
PM @Hondasxs create a for sale post and see if he will share it via his social media channels.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
On a related note, what about the center console you have installed? That is, do you have a plan and/or options of purchases regarding it?

Lol, I considered it. That thing was even more tedious to make than this! The bigger problem is I really don't have time to do any of this but I have the material and just trying to help out my fellow P5'ers. I honestly believe there's no better way of doing this. IDK, maybe I'm just too picky trying to make things perfect?

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Lol, I considered it. That thing was even more tedious to make than this! The bigger problem is I really don't have time to do any of this but I have the material and just trying to help out my fellow P5'ers. I honestly believe there's no better way of doing this. IDK, maybe I'm just too picky trying to make things perfect?
Looks nice and if you get a minute, how about posting a couple pics of the console, because it would be high on my list of options..

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but how are you holding your center armrest on? I have one also, it's an ammo box with foam top. I hold it on with a short strap around the seat bottom. View attachment 105389

Kind of the same way. Hasn't moved in almost 3 yrs.

Console Back

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but how are you holding your center armrest on? I have one also, it's an ammo box with foam top. I hold it on with a short strap around the seat bottom. View attachment 105389
Just read your build post and see you're using the same thing. Thanks! I was wondering if you had a better way, but I guess the straps work well.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I knew it was bad timing on this, no one is concerned with the unbearable heat right now. :rolleyes:
I plan to fab up a few and keep them on hand. Just PM me when the time comes. Thanks guys.
Ha, I only just now saw it. You know I want one.....:cool: what’s the protocol going to be???

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thought you were selling that rig? Figured out a way to keep it?

It’s still for sale. I just think you came up with a great product and I’d like to have one In case I don’t end up selling. I saw your older posts about your barrier and was just kind of waiting for you to come out and say they are available. I’d venture to say that most 500 owners don’t even understand how much nicer it could be with less noise. I think the only sxs I’ve driven that was louder in the seat was an old teryx. Quieter, cooler ride = more comfort.

I’m going to replace the 500 with a Roxor someday (hopefully by spring). I think for 90% of the riding I do the roxor will be perfect and I can do even more serious work with it. I think certain comparisons can be made between the roxor and the 500 Im sure I’ll be giving up a lot of agility and trail worthiness tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!