P1000 Forward a-arms

Treyi20

Treyi20

Jun 20, 2016
Raymond, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am trying to decide which forward a-arms to go with, I'd like to hear from anyone who has good and bad experiences with either also any other brands/aftermarket that anyone would reconmend, I appreciate it!!!

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
CATVOS is super tough and pushes front 2" forward. They also use Heim joints which you may or may not like. They are the most expensive but guaranteed forever.

Super ATV pushes front 1.5" forward and uses poly bushings I'm pretty sure. Very affordable too.

High Lifter I don't known much about but they are also 1.5" forward but some people have said they are not adjustable so you can't set the camber.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am trying to decide which forward a-arms to go with, I'd like to hear from anyone who has good and bad experiences with either also any other brands/aftermarket that anyone would reconmend, I appreciate it!!!
did you ever pull the trigger? I'm looking now too...

Reactions: Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
CATVOS is super tough and pushes front 2" forward. They also use Heim joints which you may or may not like. They are the most expensive but guaranteed forever.

Super ATV pushes front 1.5" forward and uses poly bushings I'm pretty sure. Very affordable too.

High Lifter I don't known much about but they are also 1.5" forward but some people have said they are not adjustable so you can't set the camber.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha
I have a set of front and rears of Super Atv's, great product but! They have overlooked a important deign flaw. You can't adjust the camber after installation, really stupid! All it would take is a left and right threaded adjustment bolt and one more jamb nut, then you could fine tune it with out all the hassle. If I was buying another set they would have this feature. But I can be a nut!

Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a set of front and rears of Super Atv's, great product but! They have overlooked a important deign flaw. You can't adjust the camber after installation, really stupid! All it would take is a left and right threaded adjustment bolt and one more jamb nut, then you could fine tune it with out all the hassle. If I was buying another set they would have this feature. But I can be a nut!
thanks for the info smitty... wonder if anybody makes ones like you suggest so they can be adjusted in place?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I don't have a clue.
Images 1

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I beg to differ!

What you’d really need is a threaded arm and threaded joint then a rod with opposite threads with a hex in the middle.

You’d need more threads for strength than the joint could support as short as that distance is

Nice idea but it won’t work.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What you’d really need is a threaded arm and threaded joint then a rod with opposite threads with a hex in the middle.

You’d need more threads for strength than the joint could support as short as that distance is

Nice idea but it won’t work.
I agree in theory, but when I called them and asked how many/inches were needed to protect thread integrity they told me 4 threads, I knew I was talking to an idiot. So I did the the measurements from, I think Snuff's measurements before installing a arms and checked how many threads where in the a arm, at the measurements, not many, but more than four. Answer is left and right threaded adjustment bolt and two jamb nuts, no wait, just one. One turn of the bolt would equal two turns now. The a arm pivot point that bolts to the frame would have to be a little longer for threads, but not much.

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree in theory, but when I called them and asked how many/inches were needed to protect thread integrity they told me 4 threads, I knew I was talking to an idiot. So I did the the measurements from, I think Snuff's measurements before installing a arms and checked how many threads where in the a arm, at the measurements, not many, but more than four. Answer is left and right threaded adjustment bolt and two jamb nuts, no wait, just one. One turn of the bolt would equal two turns now. The a arm pivot point that bolts to the frame would have to be a little longer for threads, but not much.
Well if that’s the case do it and bring it to takeover I wanna see it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well if that’s the case do it and bring it to takeover I wanna see it.
Me too! I had Rooster to to fab shop last week and was running this by the owner, his reply was way too simple. I'm not going to make this Takeover, but I hope to make it next year with modified a arms and unrestricted a arms/rubber bushings, you have got to be kidding. HA! You aren't a gear head are you??????

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sigh.... I thought you would have learned by now.
View attachment 65566
Does that mean I win? HA? You guy's aren't as smart as you think you are, really think about it, same thread length, half left and half right handed threads with one jam nut, only difference would be the female threads in the pivot and yes the female threads would have to be a little longer in the pivot, but not much added length, if you keep the jam nut against the a arm tubing. And if that messes up the strength of the a arm, go to the next size up in tubing.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!