Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What kind of terain you ride, we don't have sand whoops here, logs, square edged rocks ect. It would be great to get your spec.Before I order mine, which shocks did you buy? I was looking at stage 2, but would always wonder if the stage 3's would be better, but would always wonder if stage 4's would be better, but I know I would wonder if stage 5's would be the best. Well I don't like to wonder, wife is out of town for a couple days, looks like stage 5's on all four corners will be on there way. Elka told me today that the shocks will come about 80% set up. I will PM you with my e-mail add. Thanks

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep. Have all the stack specs F & R before and after. Still needs a little tweak but pretty close. Remind me Monday and I'll shoot them to you.
Please go to my last reply on this post, I'm to lazy to retype Thanks

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are they going to match my valving?
Not yet, I'm trying to keep mine as light as possible, just the essentials, skid plate, winch, trying to keep mine as light as possible. I will make adjustments as we go. Thanks for all the info! GO light pass all the RZR! Went on a ride with a mix of S x S and behind me , was a RZR, at a rest stop, he told me, he couldn't hang with me. I was driving my A off . HA!

Reactions: sharp and GPR1500SC
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How many things weight wise have you added you your S x S? I have a Warn winch, full roof and Trail Armor skids as far as added weight, don't plan on adding much more weight, couple little lights and blower and I will be done.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
How many things weight wise have you added you your S x S? I have a Warn winch, full roof and Trail Armor skids as far as added weight, don't plan on adding much more weight, couple little lights and blower and I will be done.
Everything you listed plus a 2nd battery. Got more to add as I go.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Everything you listed plus a 2nd battery. Got more to add as I go.
I wonder if that will affect your set up? I thought you had a nonstock front bumper and a full cab enclosure? This is a heavy turd, trying to keep as light as possible.

D

Dirty10

Dec 15, 2016
Eastern Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So my new fox shocks came in. Opened them up i notice that there is no wrench provided... how are you guys adjusting the preload?
ANYBODY HAVE ANYTHING NEW TO REPORT ON THESE MINE SHOULD BE HERE WED AND WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL OVER THE WEEKEND.

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ANYBODY HAVE ANYTHING NEW TO REPORT ON THESE MINE SHOULD BE HERE WED AND WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL OVER THE WEEKEND.
They work good. I've only been on 1 ride about 130 miles. They are a little stiffer going slow, and really shine going fast. I am running the lift too so my experience might differ from yours if you don't have the lift.

Reactions: JTW
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Im having trouble choosing which set to get. Online I can't find but one fox set for the 5 but my dealer is ordering them for me and he is showing 2 sets for the 5 seater and I'm unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes and n/c and springs. I have softened up the high speed compression 2 clicks and went back to factory recommendation on slow speed compression on all four corners. Square edge rocks/roots give the jar. May back off the high speed 1 more click.

J

JTW

Im having trouble choosing which set to get. Online I can't find but one fox set for the 5 but my dealer is ordering them for me and he is showing 2 sets for the 5 seater and I'm unsure.

If you pay more than $1300 for the foxes you’re paying too much. You can order them for $1300 including shipping a no tax

Reactions: Plumber32
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
My buddy is the mechanic. Getting his dicount. They are 1200 plus tax. But don't know wich set I need is the question

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Maybe the better wording would be, are their any different models of the fox shocks? If so which ones are best? Sorry for confusion

J

JTW

You want the Fox QS3’s.. that’s the only shocks by Fox for the pioneer that I’m aware of. Now, there are sets for 5 or 3 seat Honda pioneers, which are different spring rates and set up for the different weights of the two machine.. so depending on which model Honda you have. They also have them for the 700.

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Ok thank you. That's what I was thinking they would be, 5 seater and 3 seater. But he said they both list under the 5 seater but I believe he messed up. Thank you

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The do have different part numbers for the 5 seater and 3 seater versions

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Well I went by the dealer today and got the shocks coming. Hope to have them on for a night ride this weekend. I have the slasher bumper and quad boss 5k winch up front with dual batteries also. Ride pretty fast pace, any suggestions for initial settings?

J

JTW

Well I went by the dealer today and got the shocks coming. Hope to have them on for a night ride this weekend. I have the slasher bumper and quad boss 5k winch up front with dual batteries also. Ride pretty fast pace, any suggestions for initial settings?

2 things.. if you have a HL lift then the rear shocks will need washers to keep them from walking. @Windrock1000 pointed that out at the overland ride and sure enough I noticed just that when I got home!

I found it easier to put the bottom of the shock on and the use a pipe wrench to adjust. I’ve got 1.5 inches (of silver showing) to the top of the jam nut on the front and 3/4” on the rear.

Reactions: Windrock1000
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!