P1000 Fox shocks stiff?

H

Honda_chris

Aug 25, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey guys are the fox shocks stiff/hard at lower speed riding like 15 mph or slower. The reason I asking is I have a set of the fox shocks on my machine and I was looking at new machines that have the load levelers in them and when I push down on the tail gate them seem soft with the stock load levelers. When I push down on my tail gate with the fox shocks they seem stiff? My machine had the load levelers in it when I bought it and the seals on them went bad causing them to leak oil. I did not have very much riding time on them to remember what they were like. When they went bad my dealer worked with me on crediting the warranty repair towards the upgraded fox shocks so that is what I did. I do most my riding 50/50 between fast an slow. What I do know is the fox shocks that I have now on wash board trails at 30mph ride good. What are your thoughts?

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys are the fox shocks stiff/hard at lower speed riding like 15 mph or slower. The reason I asking is I have a set of the fox shocks on my machine and I was looking at new machines that have the load levelers in them and when I push down on the tail gate them seem soft with the stock load levelers. When I push down on my tail gate with the fox shocks they seem stiff? My machine had the load levelers in it when I bought it and the seals on them went bad causing them to leak oil. I did not have very much riding time on them to remember what they were like. When they went bad my dealer worked with me on crediting the warranty repair towards the upgraded fox shocks so that is what I did. I do most my riding 50/50 between fast an slow. What I do know is the fox shocks that I have now on wash board trails at 30mph ride good. What are your thoughts?
I have the fox qs3 setup also. When I first installed them I ran very little preload. It felt to me like they were softer like this. I've since added preload to compensate for my usual load of crap. I also used a stock machine for a reference to set my ride height. With my current setup I've got it stiff enough that I dont notice the lack of rear sway bar anymore.

Reactions: TripleB and BigOL3
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The front delux shocks are fairly choppy. The rears didn't do horrible but after 15mph they fell off. Really a bad setup for trail riding. My LL shocks also leaked out. I replaced them with 814's. They do great on everything except the washboard tracks. They really shine on the slower tracks. Super super soft. I also removed my sway bar. But your not missing anything with the delux shocks. The load leveling system worked well. But so many of them have failed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!