P1000 Let’s talk fox shocks!

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone back with another question
So my 21 pioneer limited edition came with fox shocks on it and I’m curious I know I can adjust the three stage switch for stiffness but there is also a nut on the middle shaft that looks like it can be threaded up and down so my question is if I thread this nut down will I raise my buggy up a few inches and are there any pros or cons to doing this and yes I know I could do the research on my own but I like talking to everyone so any help is appreciated hope everyone is haveing an awesome day I’m going riding this weekend super excited for that it will be my first ride where there is mud and water

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone back with another question
So my 21 pioneer limited edition came with fox shocks on it and I’m curious I know I can adjust the three stage switch for stiffness but there is also a nut on the middle shaft that looks like it can be threaded up and down so my question is if I thread this nut down will I raise my buggy up a few inches and are there any pros or cons to doing this and yes I know I could do the research on my own but I like talking to everyone so any help is appreciated hope everyone is haveing an awesome day I’m going riding this weekend super excited for that it will be my first ride where there is mud and water

19226179 5D82 4F32 B82B 788A7845E41B DC4748A7 017E 46C6 A019 047EA783DCF0

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes you can adjust the nut down to gain ground clearance. If you go higher you will probably want to go wider too with some wheel spacers

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Its called pre load adjustment when u move those jam nuts. your best to do that adjustment when the shocks threads are clean and even better/easier when they are removed and on the bench. Keep in mind the tighter you go the stiffer the spring. Thats said, its an excellent way to gain a little lift. Add some new offset control arms and some spacers, now your looking at bigger wheels And tires.
Then You may ask yourself….how much do I want to spend?🤔
🤦‍♂️Same as it ever was…..
😂🥳

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its called pre load adjustment when u move those jam nuts. your best to do that adjustment when the shocks threads are clean and even better/easier when they are removed and on the bench. Keep in mind the tighter you go the stiffer the spring. Thats said, its an excellent way to gain a little lift. Add some new offset control arms and some spacers, now your looking at bigger wheels And tires.
Then You may ask yourself….how much do I want to spend?🤔
😂🥳
That was a great explanation thanks and yea you should see my super atv cart it’s loaded the biggest thing is not to go buggy broke or I will have to answer to the wife lol

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
also wheel spacers concern me due to my trailer it’s a 6x12 it fits right now but if I go to much wider I’ll have to buy a new trailer I think

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
also wheel spacers concern me due to my trailer it’s a 6x12 it fits right now but if I go to much wider I’ll have to buy a new trailer I think
All part of the addiction!
🤦‍♂️ Same as it ever was….
🤦‍♂️ Same as it ever was….
😂🥳

Reactions: Bigmanlittlebuggy
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You'll find that adding preload to your rear shocks will compress the upper half of your dual-rate spring, though.

See my thread called new springs for your fox shocks for a bunch of info on this.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Measure the exact width of your trailer, then load your machine. Measure the total extra space and that will determine the width of total spacer width you can use. Keep in mind that spacers will be harder on wheel bearings and other suspension components. I run 28x10x14’s on mine, 5-2 rims with 1” spacers only on the rear and have 1-1/2 to 2” space on each side with a 69” wide trailer.

Reactions: WagginTail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!