P1000 Fox shocks

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took the pioneer out for an hour ride today with the new fox shocks. Wow, what a difference. My wife could not believe how much better it rode. The faster you ride it the better they felt. Will be installing the trail armor skid plate tomorrow! Getting ready for the takeover.
Did you replace all 4? My fronts keep bottoming ( I have a winch and a glass windshield ) but rears are ok. Gonna go with Fox front only if enough guys on this forum say they are a lot better.

J

JTW

Did you replace all 4? My fronts keep bottoming ( I have a winch and a glass windshield ) but rears are ok. Gonna go with Fox front only if enough guys on this forum say they are a lot better.
I cannot speak from experience but thisebthat have them seem to really like them.. and those that do the front seem to do the rears shortly after!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
With the plow hooked up with the addition of the fox shocks there was a noticible difference in how she handled the weight! Hopefully I will get to play with them a little more this weekend!

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did replace all 4. A lot better than factory, just the front will be a big improvement and you can always add the rears later. You will not regret getting them.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I can promise you'll enjoy the fronts done! The rears I don't have much seat time but I'm positive on those too. Well worth every penny especially the fronts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks to JTW, Eltobgiu, my99svt, CPope, CumminsPusher and Clyde for your input. I'm definitely doing the fronts for now. I saw somewhere on here that the Walker Evans shocks raised the buggy up by about an inch, did this happen with the Fox shocks? Cause if I only do the front then that will make the rear look like it is squatting. I would think the ride height would be the same as stock since the Fox are stock on the LE. Gotta start saving up! Can't wait. Might do rears later, Thanks again guys!

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks to JTW, Eltobgiu, my99svt, CPope, CumminsPusher and Clyde for you input. I'm definitely doing the fronts for now. I saw somewhere on here that the Walker Evans shocks raised the buggy up by about an inch, did this happen with the Fox shocks? Cause if I only do the front then that will make the rear look like it is squatting. I would think the ride height would be the same as stock since the Fox are stock on the LE. Gotta start saving up! Can't wait. Might do rears later, Thanks again guys!

All of the aftermarket shocks have adjustable ride height by adjusting the spring preload. You could get Fox and adjust them to the ride height you prefer.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

advertisement
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All of the aftermarket shocks have adjustable ride height by adjusting the spring preload. You could get Fox and adjust them to the ride height you prefer.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha
That's good to know. Thanks joeymt33. I also have to watch the overall height so it will fit in the toyhauler.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well... this afternoon I Really had an opportunity to see what the fox shocks are all about! We have some hills and roller coaster like trails not to far from my house that are a blast to run quick! And that is exactly what I did! I ran them quicker with more stability than I ever had before! This is exactly why I bought them! I am so impressed with these things! I have them on the softest setting and they performed! They are worth every cent!!!!!!

Here are a few pics taken from some iPhone video to give you an idea of what they are like...

IMG 6910
IMG 6911

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Well... this afternoon I Really had an opportunity to see what the fox shocks are all about! We have some hills and roller coaster like trails not to far from my house that are a blast to run quick! And that is exactly what I did! I ran them quicker with more stability than I ever had before! This is exactly why I bought them! I am so impressed with these things! I have them on the softest setting and they performed! They are worth every cent!!!!!!

Here are a few pics taken from some iPhone video to give you an idea of what they are like...

View attachment 40388
View attachment 40389

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Do you still like the Fox Shocks. What setting did you determine was the best. I have a bad factory shock at this point so I'm thinks ofcrge upgrade

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Do you still like the Fox Shocks. What setting did you determine was the best. I have a bad factory shock at this point so I'm thinks ofcrge upgrade
@Montana they are awesome! I run the fronts on the middle setting most of the time and the rears on 1 or the softest setting for the way I ride! I adjust them depending on the terrain;)

J

JTW

@Montana they are awesome! I run the fronts on the middle setting most of the time and the rears on 1 or the softest setting for the way I ride! I adjust them depending on the terrain;)
Did you add any preload?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The stockers are really bad, I went with Elks Stage 5's and then had to buy 8 ply's immediately, I busted two stock front tires at 14 PSI

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!