P1000 Fox vs losd leveling rears.

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
Im getting foxs for the front but not sure about the rear. Can the fox's hold as much as the load leveling shocks? Plan on hualing in camp gear and hopefully a moose. My neighbor was really impressed with the load levelers. I will say fox's were a game changer on my 700-4. Thanks for any imput.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Im getting foxs for the front but not sure about the rear. Can the fox's hold as much as the load leveling shocks? Plan on hualing in camp gear and hopefully a moose. My neighbor was really impressed with the load levelers. I will say fox's were a game changer on my 700-4. Thanks for any imput.
I thought the same at first about keeping the levelers but that lasted a day day with fronts in. We’ve had a few pretty good loads with Fox and the do well it just sags a bit more under very heavy loads.

Reactions: 100Acre and BWAF
Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
I thought the same at first about keeping the levelers but that lasted a day day with fronts in. We’ve had a few pretty good loads with Fox and the do well it just sags a bit more under very heavy loads.
Thats the problem clearance is already scarce on some of these trails would preloading the springs for height for a trip ruin the springs? I know the ride will degraded but its 10-14 days of supplies for a trip in and out.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The fox shocks will ride better at any weight than the load leveling shocks if preloaded correctly. I rode my machine once with Front Fox shocks and stock rear it sucked. Once you pull the rear shocks you can eliminate the rear wheel hop and start to enjoy the machine .

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thats the problem clearance is already scarce on some of these trails would preloading the springs for height for a trip ruin the springs? I know the ride will degraded but its 10-14 days of supplies for a trip in and out.
Ya well a lot of people want to say something but there are a few that can tell you the truth. Everyone has there own decisions but that’s not this group lol been there done it;)
F27DE587 66C8 462F B5FC EA442D0132D6

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You sure you have enough loaded in there I think I still see room............for one or two twigs. Lol
We’ve done that a few times. It’s a heavy load with either levelers or Fox. It’s fun to roll back to camp loaded but it’s tough to pull out of the woods, steering is a little light with tailgate loaded too

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cumminspusher is that with fox's?
That picture was not she was stock. I thought I had taken a picture with the Fox but can’t find it. It handles close with weight but does sag a bit more. Most loads I’d doubt you’d notice a difference.
If I were to be hauling all the time I’d leave factory and the sway bar alone. But if trail running most the time shocks are worth it.

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
This was my 700 with fox's only adjusted the valving not the preload. Wood was kind of wet i usually cut wood when its raining and split on sunny days.

17648 aceb7613ed438da5968c12645240f257

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We’ve done that a few times. It’s a heavy load with either levelers or Fox. It’s fun to roll back to camp loaded but it’s tough to pull out of the woods, steering is a little light with tailgate loaded too
I try not to load my tail gate until 2:00/3:00 AM and unload Sun up! HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!