P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

Dan1960

Dan1960

Jul 10, 2016
White Pine, MI Upper Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great Job, is this on the 1000? Any chance of getting pic of switch for blower.
Yep, that's the way to do it. It blows engine heat out the back.

I have just one pointed directly at the exhaust header.

08f35f37509cc0277288b972585047a2
Does this completely take care of heat problem?

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
It helps a lot. I have the pad ( heat shield) under the seat also. Most everyone has both and it helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1960

Dan1960

Jul 10, 2016
White Pine, MI Upper Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It makes a huge difference!
Wow, you really have yours loaded. I was told by Honda rep that they are definitely going to come up with a fix. Was told they will contact me, we'll see. Going to wait until May and if they don't fix I'm going to install blower (have a shop install). Thanks a lot for the pic, to bad you didn't live close, I would hire you to get mine loaded. :)
B199e3cf8104cb98a4aff0c202425ebf

It's on the bottom right.
It makes a huge difference!

B199e3cf8104cb98a4aff0c202425ebf

It's on the bottom right.

Reactions: joeymt33
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you, have you found the switches yet?

OTRATTW

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha
Just got done with the glueing of insulation under the floor board and air box cover, on this web site some one posted a snorkel system that came right off the the air box and terminated at roof height behind passenger seat. I wonder if one could use existing ducting for a ram air cooling system for the engine compartment?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just got done with the glueing of insulation under the floor board and air box cover, on this web site some one posted a snorkel system that came right off the the air box and terminated at roof height behind passenger seat. I wonder if one could use existing ducting for a ram air cooling system for the engine compartment?

Sounds like a good task for for you take on!

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

advertisement
R

rex

Apr 5, 2017
florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have writen a letter to Honda about the heat issues. Today I recieved a phone call from Pam @ American Honda and they are aware of the extreme heat issues. I answered a few questions and told them what I have done to help with the problem and were very interested in my thoughts and are working on a solution to the problem. They have had many complaints from owners and are working with ideas to correct the problem. I am very happy they called and are interested in our problems, our voices have been heard. Thank you American Honda for listening to our concerns.

I took some rubber blankets and cut them to put under the seat. Helped a lot. You can also take a windshield visor no cut to fit seat

Reactions: Jshell3
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
HA!
I fabbed and spray painted the "L" brackets gloss black primer. Just didn't wanna wear black fingernails to work.

You don't want your "Goth side" to show?

Reactions: Jshell3
Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 0136
I agree 100%. They need to come up with a retrofit kit to insulate under the seat and between the bottom and top of the seat. For what we all spent on our machines they should send one to all of us. Their 5 seater is essentially a 4 seater because of the heat in the middle of the front seat. One of the reasons I went with the P1k5 was having 5 seats (amongst many other reasons).

This is what I did to help with the heat issue. Also helped a little with the noise. Its insulating bubble wrap (fairly thick plastic) for wrapping ducts. I used two layers and taped them together with aluminum tape... seemed to be just the right thickness and cleans easily as well. Like @rex said, it's very similar to windshield visor material.

Last edited:
P

Porkchop1950

May 17, 2017
Eaton, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a link to the blower I put in...Amazon.com : Rule 240 In-Line Blower, High Air Flow, 4 inch Diameter, 12 volts DC : Boating Bilge Pumps : Sports & Outdoors.

I will post a pic soon but my install is simple even compared to the two I have seen here at Hondasxs.com. So I could get the best angle, pulling air from near the front under the seat and blowing back across the headers, I simply hung the blower with wire ties and ran the wiring temporarily up around the ROPs and to a cigarette lighter plug into the factory outlet. I would have wired it into my switch plate but as of now, I'm out of open switches without making a new switch plate.

I must say that I love my Honda. I have added a second battery, PDM, rear light cubes,side/front light cubes, interior lights, a 40" curved bar on the front, 4500lb winch, home made switch plate in addition to the heat shield and blower and NONE of these great idea's were mine. All from experienced or creative members here. Oh yea, the heat shield I bought from Bayouownbeer and it's done well for a great price.
Thanks for the link. Ordered it on the spot

E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I talked to American Honda today, 6/12/17, and the person I talked to said that Honda is working on a solution to the seat heat problem. From all the comments of sxs members on this thread that is what Honda has been saying for quite some time, but has yet to come up with a positive solution. He did say they would have a solution soon and the info would be sent to me in the mail. I guess I won't be holding my breath for that to happen.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!