P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I doubt your humidity estimates
View attachment 46365

View attachment 46366

I can ride half a day in shorts and I only turn the fan on to move steam out the back. It gets warm but I can leave my bare hand on any of the plastic.

If the machines and climates are the same, the variable must riding style.

D73cc03ec63d88c5831ad1ade90367d5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Just showing you our humidity. You said that you thought that I was wrong about it. Cloudy here today. But we get very hot here in the summer. And wet winters with no snow. Our humidity stays up most year round. That's all I'm saying. Stuffy type hot here in Mississippi

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I dont live where there is heat and humidity like you guys so am wondering what it is like driving around in your vehicle at 15 mph with no A/C. Just wondering for comparison.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I dont live where there is heat and humidity like you guys so am wondering what it is like driving around in your vehicle at 15 mph with no A/C. Just wondering for comparison.

Hot as heck. Back in the 70,s most of our cars had no a/c. But we was teenagers and use to it lol

Reactions: Hawk53 and Jshell3
Tehknics

Tehknics

May 26, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We should start hearing something from Honda or the dealers in about a month. Yippee!!!
Have you heard something or are you referring to the 18's?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you heard something or are you referring to the 18's?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk
I am referring to the heat issues with the Pioneer 1000. Honda has been saying that they are aware of the problem and they are working on it. Problem is, the poor guy I'm talking to cant tell me any time frames, etc. This has been going on for many months, perhaps more. Finally he was given permission to tell me that the fix will be out in about a month. This is great news! He doesn't know the particulars of the fix however. Hopefully they have a fix for the hot air coming thru the shifter slots/dash as well, not just the heat from the seats/engine.

DMH

DMH

May 9, 2017
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Honda of America, It is past time to stand tall and make it right with your customers. I can live with the front heat do to my many $$ invested for heat shielding and fans but back seats are useless in hot weather. Please cut me a check for the difference between a 1000-3 and a 1000-5. I will watch for it in the mail.
I got voted to the rear seat by two of my kids on a ride. I was barefoot and I was fine. I'm not sure where the heat complaints are coming from. A little warm yes, hot no.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got voted to the rear seat by two of my kids on a ride. I was barefoot and I was fine. I'm not sure where the heat complaints are coming from. A little warm yes, hot no.

There's a hot SPOT @3-4" in diameter up in the very front of the right rear footwell. It does get HOT (200 at idle parked) but the rest of the footwell is just warm. It's the point that is closest to the exhaust manifold.

But that spot also cools off by 70degrees with the bilge fan running or 5-10 mph movement of the machine.

I wouldn't say it's unusable, unless you're barefoot or wearing Jerusalem cruisers. I've had adults and kids back there this summer and have asked if it's too hot and no one has complained(I've had the fan on and been moving, who likes to sit still with the motor running?)

CanineCombatives

CanineCombatives

Jun 10, 2017
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a new 17 model year 3 seater and the big problem is the middle seat and that plastic cowling right behind it, it's been mid 90's here lately and nobody can sit in that middle seat the heat is so intense, hopefully the fix will be effective and retroactive as a recall or free dealer repair.

Reactions: AZhunter
pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
I have a new 17 model year 3 seater and the big problem is the middle seat and that plastic cowling right behind it, it's been mid 90's here lately and nobody can sit in that middle seat the heat is so intense, hopefully the fix will be effective and retroactive as a recall or free dealer repair.

If you have 3 seater remove engine cover and problem solved
87c936f051dc0dcc4fe8ec5ec8009797
Ca488f500974db0a35f6d205e98a07d3

DMH

DMH

May 9, 2017
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
There's a hot SPOT @3-4" in diameter up in the very front of the right rear footwell. It does get HOT (200 at idle parked) but the rest of the footwell is just warm. It's the point that is closest to the exhaust manifold.

But that spot also cools off by 70degrees with the bilge fan running or 5-10 mph movement of the machine.

I wouldn't say it's unusable, unless you're barefoot or wearing Jerusalem cruisers. I've had adults and kids back there this summer and have asked if it's too hot and no one has complained(I've had the fan on and been moving, who likes to sit still with the motor running?)

So it's not nearly as bad as some post's would suggest? I agree.

Next time we are out I'll give the driver side rear the barefoot test and report back.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I had my iPhone in a dry bag on the passenger seat today (clipped to the seat belt buckle). It was hot enough that the phone had the famous "too hot, cool the phone down in order to use it" warning.

It was bearable (just) today with the bayobeer heat shield .... that is until I hit a water puddle. No need to carry TP, you'll get steam cleaned!

Last edited:
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have asked in Honda during previous status phone calls and he said the heat fix would be no charge.

I think Honda should also install air intake fix/upgrade at the same time at no charge. I know its only 25 bucks retail but the parts probably cost Honda 2-3 bucks. Anyway, I will be happy if they fix the blasted heat issue, the seat AND the heat coming through the dash.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer is more than happy to sell you a wazoo, new and improved heat shield kit for $125.00 +tax OTD. FUGG them and FUGG that idea. FUGGING Honda needs to buck up and set this issue right. If ANYONE gets a heat reduction to the cab kit Honda America, we need to jump on them like a chicken on a June bug. All for one, one for all...

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called and spoke with Honda today, because this past week we took it to Florida again on vacation, my youngest daughter got her flip flop toe melted in the passenger back seat. That's ridiculous ,the rep told me they will have to fix ready for the public in 2 weeks, she said they just got out of a meeting with management about it and was told the fix would be ready in 2 weeks. Guess we will see! I urge everyone to call and complain.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called and spoke with Honda today, because this past week we took it to Florida again on vacation, my youngest daughter got her flip flop toe melted in the passenger back seat. That's ridiculous ,the rep told me they will have to fix ready for the public in 2 weeks, she said they just got out of a meeting with management about it and was told the fix would be ready in 2 weeks. Guess we will see! I urge everyone to call and complain.
That's great news!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!