Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While I have added the heat shield and the fan under the seat both of which have help to greatly reduce the heat - I also just added Mudbusters and they seem to have reversed some of the work I did to reduce the heat. my only guess is the mudbusters ended up not only blocking mud but also blocking in airflow. Just two rides since adding the Mudbusters but I can tell a difference and so could my wife... (still not as bad as it originally was.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called and spoke with Honda today, because this past week we took it to Florida again on vacation, my youngest daughter got her flip flop toe melted in the passenger back seat. That's ridiculous ,the rep told me they will have to fix ready for the public in 2 weeks, she said they just got out of a meeting with management about it and was told the fix would be ready in 2 weeks. Guess we will see! I urge everyone to call and complain.
This is great news I was not wanting to spend more $$$ to fix something that the Honda People should have fixed long ago..:mad:

Reactions: BLC and AZhunter
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is great news I was not wanting to spend more $$$ to fix something that the Honda People should have fixed long ago..:mad:
I agree, I spent a butt load trying to fix their problem and only thing left I haven't worked on is the heat coming through dash. but Honda called me today and said we will most likely get a letter from Honda on what to do. So I'll wait and se what happens. I think we are getting close everyone!!!

Reactions: BLC
Tehknics

Tehknics

May 26, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called and spoke with Honda today, because this past week we took it to Florida again on vacation, my youngest daughter got her flip flop toe melted in the passenger back seat. That's ridiculous ,the rep told me they will have to fix ready for the public in 2 weeks, she said they just got out of a meeting with management about it and was told the fix would be ready in 2 weeks. Guess we will see! I urge everyone to call and complain.
Anyone heard any updates?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZhunter
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone heard any updates?
I called American Honda on Friday and the customer service rep said he had no new info to report, but to call back in three weeks and he would definitely have some specifics for me. First time he's ever said that!

Last edited:
Reactions: BLC and Tehknics
Tehknics

Tehknics

May 26, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called American Honda on Friday and the customer service rep said he had no new info to report, but to call back in three weeks and he would definitely have some specifics for me. First time he's ever said that!
Appreciate it! Some news is better than no news!

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZhunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have writen a letter to Honda about the heat issues. Today I recieved a phone call from Pam @ American Honda and they are aware of the extreme heat issues. I answered a few questions and told them what I have done to help with the problem and were very interested in my thoughts and are working on a solution to the problem. They have had many complaints from owners and are working with ideas to correct the problem. I am very happy they called and are interested in our problems, our voices have been heard. Thank you American Honda for listening to our concerns.
I see this is a few months old. Did Honda ever fix this design problem??? Can we expect a recall?

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I said screw it I'm not going to ride around baking waiting for someone at Honda to get off their butt so.just bought a heat shield for under the seat and rear passenger side, whole different machine now. Even wife said it's to hot and she always b****ing she cold

Reactions: Jshell3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I said screw it I'm not going to ride around baking waiting for someone at Honda to get off their butt so.just bought a heat shield for under the seat and rear passenger side, whole different machine now. Even wife said it's to hot and she always b****ing she cold
Nice, just heat shield alone? No fans? Which heat shield did you buy?

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also remember - you have full doors and Rangers don't - take them off and report back

Reactions: DRAGFOOT
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Also remember - you have full doors and Rangers don't - take them off and report back
Is that just a general comment or are you speaking to me? I don't have full doors now but will for the PROTC and will expect increased heat for that. But I'm hoping that the CP plan for fan mod will speak to that.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that just a general comment or are you speaking to me? I don't have full doors now but will for the PROTC and will expect increased heat for that. But I'm hoping that the CP plan for fan mod will speak to that.

Negative - speaking in general - a lot of comparisons to rangers nad lack of heat..

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have the honda windshield you can take off the bottom portion and get air too - remember in a few months we will all be thankful for any heat we can get lol.

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry guys but I think we are getting the run around. May 2016 This thread was started in May and it is now August. I called again today and still no answers. Just,,, we are looking into it response. The fix needs to also include a way to isolate the metal seat belt attachments. Being metal they conduct heat to skin much faster. I am going to put a thermometer on it just to see how hot it gets.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilslick
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sorry guys but I think we are getting the run around. This thread was started in May and it is now August. I called again today and still no answers. Just we are looking into it response. The fix needs to also include a way to isolate the metal seat belt attachments. Being metal they conduct heat to skin much faster. I am going to put a thermometer on it just to see how hot it gets.
Don't hold your breath. Best just do whatever you can to attempt a litigation of this design problem yourself.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!